• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The RX Vega 64 Owners Thread

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
£800 for the gigabyte aio :o
I know mate. Unbelievable. It is annoying as I really wanted one. I have the money, but just cannot bring myself to pay that kind of money for it. Just feels wrong. Like raping myself or something.

Really hoping AMD learn from this and get price for performance right for Navi. They have had such a good track record with price for performance in the past.

<--- Genuine disappointed AMD/Freesync user.

Soldato
Spicy AMD announcement that the £450 vega price will return at least one more time to settle the drama about the launch price.

Whatever amount, it will be obliterated in seconds.

Not because Vega improved but because it will be an announced and most likely limited "bargain Vega" offer and as such is far more attractive because people have seen how high the price is going to be and how high retailer premium can reach.

A Vega for £450 sounds like a steal when you've seen the same thing listed at over £600 very recently.

Of course it wasn't a bad price at £450 but the hype will be ridiculous when people can see it coming back.

Associate
general consensus on the best place to mount the radiator on an aio
On mounting an AIO as intake or exhaust - performance will depend upon what else you have in your system and how they are cooled. Bitwit was testing a CPU AIO where typically mounting it as an intake is better; normally an air-cooled GPU keeps the case air noticeably warmer than ambient. If your CPU's heat is already exhausted externally, then aside from motherboard VRMs and chipset (~20-30W dissipation under load) there may not be much heat inside a sensibly ventilated case, so there won't be much difference in mounting the GPU AIO at the front or back.

replacing the fan that would have been there otherwise
What screws does the Vega AIO come with? You may also have the possibility of mounting the radiator in push-pull fashion on an existing 120mm fan. I expect the AIO radiator has the usual set of screw holes on both sides.

Caporegime
I know mate. Unbelievable. It is annoying as I really wanted one. I have the money, but just cannot bring myself to pay that kind of money for it. Just feels wrong. Like raping myself or something.

Really hoping AMD learn from this and get price for performance right for Navi. They have had such a good track record with price for performance in the past.

<--- Genuine disappointed AMD/Freesync user.

I would have had one for 638 only for that warehouse screw up saying they were in stock when they weren't. Seeing them up at 700 and 800 is just laughable. Be interested to see if they come back down to 638 or that was another "special price" for x amount of units.

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
I would have had one for 638 only for that warehouse screw up saying they were in stock when they weren't. Seeing them up at 700 and 800 is just laughable. Be interested to see if they come back down to 638 or that was another "special price" for x amount of units.
My limit was that price with the games but needed to be 3 year warranty. The Gigabyte one has 3 years warranty, but as you say £800...

AMDMatt should get in touch with someone at AMD to get us a forum/gamer special price just for us regular users :p

Associate
Yeah I have mine exhausting out the back of my case, replacing the fan that would have been there otherwise.

Probably the front of the case. That's where I have mine.

Same here, behind an intake on my titan aio

5zai6pl.jpg

On mounting an AIO as intake or exhaust - performance will depend upon what else you have in your system and how they are cooled. Bitwit was testing a CPU AIO where typically mounting it as an intake is better; normally an air-cooled GPU keeps the case air noticeably warmer than ambient. If your CPU's heat is already exhausted externally, then aside from motherboard VRMs and chipset (~20-30W dissipation under load) there may not be much heat inside a sensibly ventilated case, so there won't be much difference in mounting the GPU AIO at the front or back.

What screws does the Vega AIO come with? You may also have the possibility of mounting the radiator in push-pull fashion on an existing 120mm fan. I expect the AIO radiator has the usual set of screw holes on both sides.

Thanks for the advice :D

Associate
I pray you're wrong as I just spent 155 quid on a HX850 with an extra 18 quid for Saturday delivery as I was told it'd be more than enough by Overclockers phone team.
I get no signal crashes with an old TX850 but I was told that models had a full load bug that'd cause it.

I get out of signal crashes using the power save mode aswell,
Tomorrow I'll push it with the HX and if it isn't good enough I'm sending both back, The Vega card and the psu have cost me over £900 and that's well over the top so if it plays up on the new psu I'm giving up and going with the green team.
I've got an ax 760i and have no doubts that I'll be running vega just fine with this psu, any half decent psu above 650w shouldn't have issues mate

Associate
An ek
oooo look what has just shipped finally. I really hope I'm not going to get an issue with the rumoured different Vega chip heights.

35813312194_a2f2949f00_c.jpg
An EK rep on reddit assured me it makes no difference with their blocks

Associate
My limit was that price with the games but needed to be 3 year warranty. The Gigabyte one has 3 years warranty, but as you say £800...

AMDMatt should get in touch with someone at AMD to get us a forum/gamer special price just for us regular users :p

If something can be done to at least honour the orders those of us have as "in processing" from the launch day issue, that would be fantastic.

Associate
If something can be done to at least honour the orders those of us have as "in processing" from the launch day issue, that would be fantastic.

I've had an ETA from OCUK of the end of the month; it's not great having to wait, but it's understandable given it's a product launch. I'm happy that OCUK so far have great with answering my webnotes.

Soldato
Nice to see people enjoying their cards :)

I was at work when they launched, managed to get my order in by 14:10 or so for £638.99 for the Sapphire Liquid Cooled one, though obviously missed out on the initial stock allocation.

Kept my order in, which has now turned to a pre-order, can't wait for mine to arrive :)

I read on Reddit that the AIO's fan is very loud, a member there simply disconnected the supplied fan (unscrewed the shroud, no warranty stickers removed) and connected a Noctua fan to his motherboard instead. The stock fan uses a tiny connector, so you can't easily connect a normal fan to the GPU's board.

I'll likely do this as well if the stock fan is that bad, as the rest of my case has all Noctua's and is extremely quiet etc.

Hoping that Sapphire manage to deliver a truckload of Vega to OCUK next week!

Oh forgot to mention, was also kind of surprised at the 2 year warranty. I'll probably be upgrading to Navi when it releases, which will probably be 2 years from now, so this GPU only has to last 2 years for me. I won't be selling it after that time, as I love how it looks too much for that!

Last edited:
Associate
Nice to see people enjoying their cards :)

I was at work when they launched, managed to get my order in by 14:10 or so for £638.99 for the Sapphire Liquid Cooled one, though obviously missed out on the initial stock allocation.

Kept my order in, which has now turned to a pre-order, can't wait for mine to arrive :)

I read on Reddit that the AIO's fan is very loud, a member there simply disconnected the supplied fan (unscrewed the shroud, no warranty stickers removed) and connected a Noctua fan to his motherboard instead. The stock fan uses a tiny connector, so you can't easily connect a normal fan to the GPU's board.

I'll likely do this as well if the stock fan is that bad, as the rest of my case has all Noctua's and is extremely quiet etc.

Hoping that Sapphire manage to deliver a truckload of Vega to OCUK next week!

Interesting, I haven't found mine to be too loud at all.

Soldato

It's possible the reddit guy just got a faulty fan, though I did some people mention the stock AIO fan was loud in this thread too. Noise is to subjective, hard to be sure.

I'd prefer not to disconnect the stock one, though I will if it is too loud.

I would link to the thread, though there's lots of competitor talk there including some UK links, so better not :p

Associate
I stupidly spent 5 minutes reading a review before ordering, gone by time I came back to order, won't pay more than 450 for one of these, would be good to know when the next f5 spamming session is

Associate

People may laugh but unless my reference air cooled card is constantly under synthetic bench mark, it really isn't loud at all. Played batman arkham last night for 4hrs and it was fine. My room was a little warm but looking back through wattman it peaked at around 78c which really isn't bad.

I may add I'm running it on balanced mode

Back
Top Bottom