• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The RX Vega 64 Owners Thread

Associate
I know mate. Unbelievable. It is annoying as I really wanted one. I have the money, but just cannot bring myself to pay that kind of money for it. Just feels wrong. Like raping myself or something.

Really hoping AMD learn from this and get price for performance right for Navi. They have had such a good track record with price for performance in the past.

<--- Genuine disappointed AMD/Freesync user.

I do think Navi will be in an overall better situation as AMD will be going with TSMC, I think AMD are getting "screwed" over (probably not the right word) a bit by GloFo at the moment, their 14nm process just isn't there yet, I think AMD was still in the blind on quite a few things concerning Vega as early back as May.

Personally I might get an LC when the prices come down in X amount of months, gotta admit it's a f'in sexy gpu, a bit concerned about the reports of the rad getting really hot though

Man of Honour
OP
OCUK and DPD efficient as ever here :)

PAWtWo.jpg

Welcome and on TROH.:)

The Roll of Honour.
k0HZfc3.png

Date 19/08/2017, Make Reference Air, CapitalOne, Link
Date 18/08/2017, Make Reference Air, Chrisc, Link
Date 18/08/2017, Make Reference Air, Richeh, Link
Date 17/08/2017, Make Reference AIO, DazQ87, Link
Date 17/08/2017, Make Reference Air, Smudge, Link
Date 17/08/2017, Make Reference Air, ChosenName, Link
Date 17/08/2017, Make Reference Air, mattyc123, Link
Date 16/08/2017, Make Reference Air, WhistleBlower07, Link
Date 16/08/2017, Make Reference AIO, Chewie, Link
Date 16/08/2017, Make Reference AIO, nashathedog, Link
Date 16/08/2017, Make Reference AIO, heartburnron, Link
Date 16/08/2017, Make Reference Air, vanpeebles, Link
Date 15/08/2017, Make Reference Air, Morve, Link
Date 15/08/2017, Make Reference Air, Howling, Link
Date 15/08/2017, Make Reference Air, Apache14, Link
Date 15/08/2017, Make Reference AIO, Dianbobo, Link
Date 15/08/2017, Make Reference Air, ubersonic, Link
Date 15/08/2017, Make Reference AIO, AMDMatt, Link
Date 15/08/2017, Make Reference Air, TonyTurbo78, Link
Date 15/08/2017, Make Reference AIO, MDPlatts, Link

To get on the Roll of Honour all you have to do is post a pic with your user name on it of your Vega 64.

Permabanned
Due to the no signal crashes I've been getting I got a new PSU delivered today. Yesterday I made a couple of calls to OCUK and two different gent's told me that a Vega AIO will be fine with a good quality 750 watt or above PSU so I ordered a Corsair HX 850 which is a Platinum rated model, I paid extra for a Saturday delivery and it came early which was great, I spent an hour taking the PC apart and fitted the new PSU. I then turned the PC on and loaded a game, Within two or three minutes I got a no signal crash forcing me to reboot the PC, I then booted up and tried two different games and got the same result with both, a no signal crash forcing a reboot. I obviously got a dud. I phoned OCUK and as expected can't get it replaced due to a lack of stock so I'm getting a refund. I suppose I'll just have to wait for stock levels to improve. I'm still planning on getting a Vega so I'm going to keep the psu they delivered today.

Last edited:
Associate
Due to the no signal crashes I've been getting I got a new PSU delivered today. Yesterday I made a couple of calls to OCUK and two different gent's told me that a Vega AIO will be fine with a good quality 750 watt or above PSU so I ordered a Corsair HX 850 which is a Platinum rated model, I paid extra for a Saturday delivery and it came early which was great, I spent an hour taking the PC apart and fitted the new PSU. I then turned the PC on and loaded a game, Within two or three minutes I got a no signal crash forcing me to reboot the PC, I then booted up and tried two different games and got the same result with both, a no signal crash forcing a reboot. I obviously got a dud. I phoned OCUK and as expected can't get it replaced due to a lack of stock so I'm getting a refund. I suppose I'll just have to wait for stock levels to improve. I'm still planning on getting a Vega so I'm going to keep the psu they delivered today.

Aw, that sucks. At least you know it was your card that's faulty. Perhaps the next one you get will be a silicon lottery winner!

Soldato

Oh man, that's a pain. Is there any chance you could try it in a different computer before you send it back?

Caporegime

That sucks nasha :(

Caporegime

2 duds in a batch of around 30, (yours and matts), gonna be a pain in the ass waiting on replacement.

Soldato
Jeeze you've been through the wringer trying to get your Vega! I'd be close to tears if I've been through what you have! You're luck has to change from here though...

Soldato
Ok it's in, and on current benchmarks it's approx (edit -bad maths - make that +50%)+33% up on the RX480. It's also pretty quiet and not too hot.

Note to all, in order to get a signal I had to make sure that the 2 8pin PCIE power plugs were on separate sockets on the HX850i, i.e. no daisychaining! Finally, who thought it was a good idea to make those GPUTach switches microscopic XD

Last edited:
Associate
Mine arrived on wed and after I installed it I had two hard crashes, black screen, system frozen. Once playing PUBG, other while running Superposition benchmark. I was all set to go and order a bigger/better psu to replace my current corsair RM750.

But I slept on it, and it's been rock solid ever since. So idk...

Associate
make sure that the 2 8pin PCIE power plugs were on separate sockets on the HX850i, i.e. no daisychaining!

That's a very good point - it was obvious to me, but it's not obvious to everyone! Use separate PCIe power cables, and if you've got a modular-cable PSU, check your manual to see if it recommends particular sockets to use to distribute the load across different rails. If your PSU is a recent, higher capacity model, they tend not to have separate 12V rails so it doesn't matter, but otherwise you should check.

Soldato

Are you using two separate power cables from your PSU to each of the two 8pin PCI-E power connectors on the card?

If you want a Vega, I'd highly recommend not getting a refund, as you'll have to purchase it again when it's much more expensive. I highly doubt we'll ever see the AIO model for the £638.99 that we paid on launch day.

Back
Top Bottom