How do people manage to make a bad cuppa?

Soldato
I think there's two key components to people making bad tea. First, they don't let the tea bag steep long enough, then they put too much milk in. I have my tea black, no milk and no sugar. It's fairly hard to mess that up.

Soldato
I don't drink coffee, never have but for tea:

Twinnings English Breakfast extra strong
Hot water goes in, let it brew for a minute or so
Dash of milk, can't stand milky tea!
If I'm at home, put one ice cube in and wait a moment, it makes it drinkable more quickly.

Deleted member 651465

D

Deleted member 651465

It still amuses me how a poster here literally lost their job because of an argument over number three.
Lolwut? Link please :D

On topic:
Tea - cup > bag > water > milk > sugar
Coffee - cup > coffee > milk > sugar > water

Soldato
I have never drank tea or coffee, tried tea once, disgusting. Coffee, well just the smell is enough to know not to try it.

Saying that though when ever we have guests around they are always getting me to make the tea/coffee's as i supposedly make a good brew.

Soldato
Whilst some people do seem to be able to make a ****-poor cuppa taste-wise, what astounds me the most is how some people seem to be able to put a cup on your desk that is hotter than the ******* sun!?!?!

I mean what do these people do, make the cuppa and then nuke it in the microwave for 5 minutes just to make sure it's going to scald my mouth???? I use boiling water pored over a tea bag and then when it's the right sort of colour, remove the tea bag and add a splash of milk - hot but not so hot it feels like the water has been boiled in the pit of hell!!!!!

Soldato
Tea brewed in the cup is fine as long as you get the kettle the second its boiled, so the teabag gets scorching hot water. Then milk once tea bag removed

Instant coffee I put milk in, then the granules, stir it so you can see what colour it a ends up, then boiling water, kettle right off the boil again.

Use a dripper for ground coffee, I won't bother typing that process out!

Soldato
I've never made a tea or coffee in my life!

If I did I am sure it would be bad :D

Don't like either, cold drinks all the way!

.. you need to try more things. Nothing quite like a nice cup of tea on a cold day.

I don't drink coffee, never have but for tea:

Twinnings English Breakfast extra strong
Hot water goes in, let it brew for a minute or so
Dash of milk, can't stand milky tea!
If I'm at home, put one ice cube in and wait a moment, it makes it drinkable more quickly.

Ice cube in tea? Heathen!

I have never drank tea or coffee, tried tea once, disgusting. Coffee, well just the smell is enough to know not to try it.

Saying that though when ever we have guests around they are always getting me to make the tea/coffee's as i supposedly make a good brew.

You need to perhaps try a good tea, instead of having one bad one and saying it's bad. There are quite a lot of types of tea as well.

Soldato
We need to bring back the death penalty for making a bad cup of tea. I don't care what you have done in your life but making a bad cup of tea is the single worst thing you can do.

Edit: I like to think that if you make a bad cup of tea in prison for your prison mates you'll get beaten up.

Soldato
Maybe true for tea, but I always put my milk in before the water when drinking coffee. Otherwise the water scalds the coffee making it more bitter.
It's the opposite with black tea. Close to 100C as possible (warm the mug/pot first) and avoid mashing the bag/leaves around.

Back
Top Bottom