Return to Guild wars 2 expansions ...?

Permabanned
Was thinking of returning to Guild Wars 2 and play HoT and PoF, maybe starting a new character (best way for me to get back and fully understand a game).

Anyone else keen to join up and level, can't play solo anymore, it just drives me to distraction!

The old guild is still up, though not many plays, a few seem to log in every few days or so.

Permabanned
OP
I might start a new character to access Spellbreaker, but seeing as current warrior is so damn boring I'm going to wait until pof launches before creating that character (level 80 boost and gain hero points quickly to unlock Spellbreaker).
TBH I don't know anything about the new class's or how they will work, if i do go play it again, will buy the expansions as stopped playing in vanilla.

Associate
Was tempted to pick this up again after the news on the expansion, played it a lot up until the HoT expansion (which I purchased), just never played it!

Associate
I have noticed in guild chat, the people who raid are constantly talking about dps. Apparently there is an addon called arc to measure it and now I can't help but think of when recount was first introduced in world of warcraft and people turned into (bigger) di$%s overnight. then of course it was 'link your achievements' etc etc. hope GW is not the same way. the only reason I still play it is its pretty chill.

Soldato
You don't have to raid at all. It's just endgame content for players who want challenging instanced group pve.

I have never set foot in a raid in gw2 and I never intend to - from what I hear the elitism is bad and the barrier to entry very high (ie you need the exact meta builds and gear). The good thing is it contains some of the unsavoury players who would otherwise be filling up fractals or elsewhere.

Between wvw, open world pve, pvp and fractals (dungeons are dead), there is more than enough entertainment and variety such that you rarely get bored. :)

Permabanned
OP
You don't have to raid at all. It's just endgame content for players who want challenging instanced group pve.

I have never set foot in a raid in gw2 and I never intend to - from what I hear the elitism is bad and the barrier to entry very high (ie you need the exact meta builds and gear). The good thing is it contains some of the unsavoury players who would otherwise be filling up fractals or elsewhere.

Between wvw, open world pve, pvp and fractals (dungeons are dead), there is more than enough entertainment and variety such that you rarely get bored. :)
That's is why it's nice to build up your own raid team with players you meet, you get this in most games these days. bug bear in swtor was people always saying link achievements, I just never join them (even though I have done most things in swtor), though i do tend to ask at times how did they ever do it, cause at one time they could not link their achievements, then later you see the same people moaning, they can't find enough people to do a raid do!

Well, I just bought HoT (£12 cheap as chips) though not done any of it yet, was wondering if there was a few who wanted to join up and run through it as a group, maybe set a time each evening or a few times, a week, to do it. Im home now for a bit, so can play any time again!

I will if i do play it run through with at lest 2 if not 3 characters, so can join different groups at different times :D

Associate
myself and 2 friends were talking about kicking it on gw2 again, it will be super informal and for me at least, irregular times. I will let you know if if happens and youre welcome to join us. I am on desolation, they're on aurora glade. we don't give a toss about builds or dps or silly things like that :)

Associate
Ill post up my name later when I get on. I could do with finishing the HOT campaign with a couple of alts to then do the caladbolg quest chain for extra ascended weapons.

Permabanned
OP
Sorry been a little distracted lately, I'm still up for this not done any as of yet, my account name is Nemeses.3761.
Most likely start playing from tomorrow afternoon/evening, not looking for massive play sessions maybe couple hours a day/night.

Back
Top Bottom