Lightroom workflow

Caporegime
Just wondering if anyone has a way of importing RAW from camera, and automating an extract to JPEG? Or is it better to change the camera settings so that it shoots both RAW and JPEG? I was just worried about the amount of space this might take up on my memory cards so wondered if its possible to do the above in LR.

Not having much look searching, just getting results about how to export RAW to JPEG.

Ta.

Soldato
Why would you want to automate this, as the whole point of shooting in RAW is to give you as much editing capability as possible. If you're not using this, then just shoot in JPG and consider if you still need Lightroom.

Caporegime
If you never plan to individual edit a photo then as above I would just shoot jpeg. Get your in camera settings how you want them and take extra care with white balance and exposure.
assuming you export form LR then there isn't really a space difference so you could shoot RAW + jpeg, but it again begs the question why shoot raw if you aren't going to use them.

If you do intend to process the photos but want a quick export in th short temr then LR makes it very easy to apply setting across all photos in a batch and then export them all.

Caporegime
OP
I want to export them to jpeg as well so that I have the raw for editing, and the jpeg for my wife who wants to be able to grab them off our server and get prints done. And showing her how to convert from raw to jpeg would be as fruitful as a chocolate teapot.

uv

uv

Soldato
Surely you'd want the print to be from the final edited raw though, rather than the unprocessed jpg? Just export to jpg once you've finished processing, and keep both the raw and the final jpg.

Back
Top Bottom