WD Red RMA query

Soldato
Quick question please - is there a specific UK RMA site for WD ?

I was just trying to put through and advanced RMA and I noticed it doesn't at any time ask for your country

and I get this screen

WD40EFRX-xxxxx
xxxxxx
IN WARRANTY
Expires 1/10/2019
Fails Diagnostics
PRICE

$68.86 ( $57.38 + $11.48 Tax)

I know I'm charged for the new drive if I don't send back the old one - but 68 dollars wouldn't cover it - so whats the "price for"

and am I on the right WD Support portal?

thanks for any help

Associate
https://www.wdc.com/en-gb/

Just had to RMA a WD red myself recently, but only used standard RMA. Shipped it off to an address in this country on a Monday, replacement was with me on the Friday ;)

I'm just about to RMA a disk myself and this is probably a dumb question but did you have to do anything else other than package it up, slap on the RMA label and number it on three sides?

WD's detailed instructions leave room for interpretation in a few areas (and could really do with being clarified).

Associate
I'm just about to RMA a disk myself and this is probably a dumb question but did you have to do anything else other than package it up, slap on the RMA label and number it on three sides?

WD's detailed instructions leave room for interpretation in a few areas (and could really do with being clarified).

Nope, just did all that that you've said. Received back a certified drive, but that was to be expected.

Back
Top Bottom