• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The RX Vega 64 Owners Thread

Soldato
Now if AMD Matt states HBM overclocking was not enabled in driver and I showed you a screen shot of HBM clock slider in AMD drivers prior to WattMan what would you say?
That it was a bug/exploit and unintended, there were a couple of workarounds to overclock the HBM on Fiji but it was supposed to be disabled in the driver.

One of the cheats was to manually edit an Afterburner profile and then it would apply the clocks in that profile (even though you couldn't set them normally). Also sometimes every few reboots the slider would magically appear in the drivers (on some versions) even though it wan't supposed too, this allowed the HBM to be overclocked until reboot.

Soldato
I hope the mods delete all these Fiji related posts - this is supposed to be the Vega owners thread. Politely, shove off to a Fiji thread with your ramblings.

Associate
That it was a bug/exploit and unintended, there were a couple of workarounds to overclock the HBM on Fiji but it was supposed to be disabled in the driver.

One of the cheats was to manually edit an Afterburner profile and then it would apply the clocks in that profile (even though you couldn't set them normally). Also sometimes every few reboots the slider would magically appear in the drivers (on some versions) even though it wan't supposed too, this allowed the HBM to be overclocked until reboot.

Just adding content to my thread now :) . It may have been a bug very early on, I got Fiji ~6-8mths after release and then did bios mod thread on OCN. And I assure I had a slider permanently and how this was will be explained in thread. I am typing info now, please view when my thread is bumped with new post, please post there, I'd appreciate it :) .

Last edited:
Soldato
Heh I could, but a bit of back of the envelope maths shows that I'd really be pushing it. It's an old gold rated PSU, so I think it would be borderline on balanced mode with my rig and trip on turbo especially under gaming load. I've only had crashes in The Witcher 3 and XCom 2 but... they're the games I've played the most. Perhaps I'll devote some solid playtime tomorrow into Batman or Nier Automata.

600W PSU here and I get instability in balanced mode. Problem seems to go away in Power Save.

Oddly it can loop Firestrike for hours on balanced with no issues but fire up something like Doom and I get a crash about once per 30-45 mins.

Deleted member 651465

D

Deleted member 651465

I hope the mods delete all these Fiji related posts - this is supposed to be the Vega owners thread. Politely, shove off to a Fiji thread with your ramblings.
As Dave2150 kindly pointed out, can we keep all discussion about Fiji in its own thread. Further off-topic posts will be deleted

Soldato
IMG_0297.jpg

Here's my sweet little baby £450 well spent
Sapphire tech RX Radeon 64
As rock x99
64gb ram
Crucial 1tb ssd
Intel 5820k
Dragonfly Black Dac , you can just about see it green lit up

I know the cable are a mess but I don't have a window so don't mind

Only problem I've encountered so far is I had some strange mouse lag I seem to have sorted this by changing the mouse polling rate in the mouse drivers and the back again Roccat kone XT mouse

Associate
i'm baffled people buy crossfire (or SLI) twice in their lifetime, its utter wang.

When you want to run 11535x2160 resolution for gaming, there is no other option. I don't think one single card will run that for the foreseeable future at least.

TBH these 2 vega probably wont manage it either, but I'm having a go!

:)

Man of Honour
OP
IMG_0297.jpg

Here's my sweet little baby £450 well spent
Sapphire tech RX Radeon 64
As rock x99
64gb ram
Crucial 1tb ssd
Intel 5820k
Dragonfly Black Dac , you can just about see it green lit up

I know the cable are a mess but I don't have a window so don't mind

Only problem I've encountered so far is I had some strange mouse lag I seem to have sorted this by changing the mouse polling rate in the mouse drivers and the back again Roccat kone XT mouse

Welcome and on TROH.:)

The Roll of Honour.
k0HZfc3.png

Date 23/08/2017, Make Reference Air, Roughneck, Link
Date 21/08/2017, Make Reference AIO, diziet, Link
Date 19/08/2017, Make Reference Air, CapitalOne, Link
Date 18/08/2017, Make Reference AIO, NathG79, Link
Date 18/08/2017, Make Reference Air, Chrisc, Link
Date 18/08/2017, Make Reference Air, Richeh, Link
Date 17/08/2017, Make Reference AIO, DazQ87, Link
Date 17/08/2017, Make Reference Air, Smudge, Link
Date 17/08/2017, Make Reference Air, ChosenName, Link
Date 17/08/2017, Make Reference Air, mattyc123, Link
Date 16/08/2017, Make Reference Air, WhistleBlower07, Link
Date 16/08/2017, Make Reference AIO, Chewie, Link
Date 16/08/2017, Make Reference AIO, nashathedog, Link
Date 16/08/2017, Make Reference AIO, heartburnron, Link
Date 16/08/2017, Make Reference Air, vanpeebles, Link
Date 15/08/2017, Make Reference Air, Morve, Link
Date 15/08/2017, Make Reference Air, Howling, Link
Date 15/08/2017, Make Reference Air, Apache14, Link
Date 15/08/2017, Make Reference AIO, Dianbobo, Link
Date 15/08/2017, Make Reference Air, ubersonic, Link
Date 15/08/2017, Make Reference AIO, AMDMatt, Link
Date 15/08/2017, Make Reference Air, TonyTurbo78, Link
Date 15/08/2017, Make Reference AIO, MDPlatts, Link

To get on the Roll of Honour all you have to do is post a pic with your user name on it of your Vega 64.

Associate
Some games look really cool across three monitors, like driving/flight sims. I can run my monitors in 6400x1080 if I don't mind the bezels and it's epic for flight sims (lame for most game types admittedly).

Yes I spend most of my time in driving or flight sims. ETS2 & ATS and Elite Dangerous are all high on the agenda too! And many FPS games play fine once you have the FOV sorted.

Back
Top Bottom