Ryzen 7 1700 Overclock - Bad Chip? Lost The Lottery?

Soldato
I've reduced the RAM to 2933 and it seems to be running stable with a 3.9ghz OC, max temps still 75c with small FFTs,
Those temps a good now - running small FFTs at your voltages using that cooler.
Will leave it for now until a new BIOS update it out, problem is though when I game and the GPU is in full use it creates more heat which raises the temps?
The Gigabyte Extreme 1080Ti will get toasty and rids itself of heat very effectively - so the heat will have to go somewhere.

What case are you using? - this is where a quality vented cooler come into their own.

I'll try lowing SOC now and see if its stable
I would...

EDIT: I was slow with posting - but good to read you may be sorted...

Associate
OP
I've reduced SOC to 1v now, and I've lowered overall volts to 1.35v, which rise to 1.39 under load, seems stable so far.. still maxes around 75c under Small FFTs

RAM at 2933mhz

I think this seems to be the sweet spot for now! a better cooloer should help the temps issue too

Hopefully a bios update can fix the RAM too

Associate
OP
I play PUBG etc, but I also stream at the same time which puts a lot more stress on the CPU, might try changing the encode type from x264 to NEVC so it uses more GPU and less CPU?

Associate
OP
Those temps a good now - running small FFTs at your voltages using that cooler.

The Gigabyte Extreme 1080Ti will get toasty and rids itself of heat very effectively - so the heat will have to go somewhere.

What case are you using? - this is where a quality vented cooler come into their own.

I would...

EDIT: I was slow with posting - but good to read you may be sorted...

ONe thing now though, my RAM, on CPUZ the command rate is stuck at 2T even when I have it set to 1T in the BIOS?? it won't change now.. does it really matter?

Back
Top Bottom