• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The RX Vega 64 Owners Thread

Associate
Does anyone else get a freeze of 2-3 seconds (not crash type freeze, just temporary lock up) every single time a Flash or HTML5 video initially loads in (doesn't happen after the player initially loading?

I keep getting this too when set to Turbo in Wattman. On balanced it doesn't happen. No idea why. Also Have random crashes too whilst playing Civ VI on Turbo but none on Balanced.

Associate
I keep getting this too when set to Turbo in Wattman. On balanced it doesn't happen. No idea why. Also Have random crashes too whilst playing Civ VI on Turbo but none on Balanced.

It seems to be to do with idle / low GPU utilisation HBM2 memory clocks.

The player will begin loading, then everything will freeze, the HBM clock momentarily boosts from 167Mhz to full clock, and it unfreezes, then as soon as it's unfrozen it goes back to 167Mhz.

I suggest you send a report to AMD. I have.

I'll also make a post on AMD's forums, and post the link here. That will be in a few hours though. If you want to do it now, I'll post in your thread.

Soldato
None! Sold my R9 390 Gaming for £300 last month so was a significant upgrade for £150. PC lives under the stairs these days so I don't hear it and I have a freesync monitor
Is that via steam link or similar
Anyone know how to add images from a phone now lol. Don't seem to be working for me.

Took some pics today whilst I was putting on the EK FC
Imgur is maybe easiest, drag and drop host. This forum doesnt host data just post the links

Man of Honour
OP
lXIRDzK.jpg

Huzzah!

Welcome and on TROH.:)

The Roll of Honour.
k0HZfc3.png

Date 24/08/2017, Make Reference Air, Bonjour, Link
Date 24/08/2017, Make Reference Air, Kmodo, Link
Date 23/08/2017, Make Reference AIO, Dave2150, Link
Date 23/08/2017, Make Reference Air, Roughneck, Link
Date 21/08/2017, Make Reference AIO, diziet, Link
Date 19/08/2017, Make Reference Air, CapitalOne, Link
Date 18/08/2017, Make Reference AIO, NathG79, Link
Date 18/08/2017, Make Reference Air, Chrisc, Link
Date 17/08/2017, Make Reference AIO, DazQ87, Link
Date 17/08/2017, Make Reference Air, Smudge, Link
Date 17/08/2017, Make Reference Air, ChosenName, Link
Date 17/08/2017, Make Reference Air, mattyc123, Link
Date 16/08/2017, Make Reference Air, WhistleBlower07, Link
Date 16/08/2017, Make Reference AIO, Chewie, Link
Date 16/08/2017, Make Reference AIO, nashathedog, Link
Date 16/08/2017, Make Reference AIO, heartburnron, Link
Date 16/08/2017, Make Reference Air, vanpeebles, Link
Date 15/08/2017, Make Reference Air, Morve, Link
Date 15/08/2017, Make Reference Air, Howling, Link
Date 15/08/2017, Make Reference Air, Apache14, Link
Date 15/08/2017, Make Reference AIO, Dianbobo, Link
Date 15/08/2017, Make Reference Air, ubersonic, Link
Date 15/08/2017, Make Reference AIO, AMDMatt, Link
Date 15/08/2017, Make Reference Air, TonyTurbo78, Link
Date 15/08/2017, Make Reference AIO, MDPlatts, Link

To get on the Roll of Honour all you have to do is post a pic with your user name on it of your Vega 64.

Soldato
So I had to sell my GTX 1080 Ti Strix OC due to my work messing up my pay cheque, I couldn't get to the bank and needed to pay a surprise bill quickly through said bank that I couldn't get to and that I only use to pay bills so never have money in it unless needed, I won't go into too many details, End result my kind of maybe girlfriend found out and she remembered I have some AMD stuff, This to her meant go and get a Vega64 card as a surprise so now I have a black Vega 64 arriving in the morning :D

I may make her my definite proper girlfriend after this :p

Caporegime
So I had to sell my GTX 1080 Ti Strix OC due to my work messing up my pay cheque, I couldn't get to the bank and needed to pay a surprise bill quickly through said bank that I couldn't get to and that I only use to pay bills so never have money in it unless needed, I won't go into too many details, End result my kind of maybe girlfriend found out and she remembered I have some AMD stuff, This to her meant go and get a Vega64 card as a surprise so now I have a black Vega 64 arriving in the morning :D

I don't understand much of the above my man, but i think i speak for the whole OcuK community when i say, she's the one! :cool:

Soldato
I don't understand much of the above my man, but i think i speak for the whole OcuK community when i say, she's the one! :cool:

Lolz, Yeah only problem is that I move from Liverpool down to Northamptonshire on Saturday morning and she works for a mainly all female law firm so it's kind of her dream job, Will be hard dragging her away from it.

Associate
Hi, is anyone having freezes when playing youtube or videos with their RX Vega, is this likely to be a driver problem. it seems to clear after a restart.

It looks like it:

Does anyone else get a freeze of 2-3 seconds (not crash type freeze, just temporary lock up) every single time a Flash or HTML5 video initially loads in (doesn't happen after the player initially loading?

I'd also try pmc25's suggestion:
Just disable hardware acceleration in browser until AMD fix the driver.

Associate
im getting the freezes too :( I thought it was the overclock but restarting seems to cure it for a while. I'll also try and disable hardware acceleration. Thanks for the tip

Associate

She bought you an AMD Vega64? Sounds like she hates you to be honest.

Back
Top Bottom