You've just won £10million. It's in your acccount. Tell me your next 24 hours.

Caporegime
Talk to siblings/parents about divvying it up between us. There's quite a few of us :p

With my bit (couple mill), buy a house. Modest 4 bedroom somewhere nice. Properly connected with Cat6 inside, of course!

Try to use the rest to derive some kind of income, perhaps sufficient not to need to work, if poss.

Find some way of taking my cat with me, then go travelling a bit. Cheap hotels, backpacking, that kind of thing.

Nothing fancy for me. I don't want a yacht or **** to tie me down. Or expensive stuff to worry about being nicked.

Nope, I like my '03 Yaris, and the only thing I really want for is a house/ debt free future.

Soldato
Put £9 million straight into a savings account and put down a healthy deposit on a house near my parents on the coast with some land available for a garage to be built to have a selection of nice motors to play with.

Associate
Put £9 million straight into a savings account and put down a healthy deposit on a house near my parents on the coast with some land available for a garage to be built to have a selection of nice motors to play with.

That is exactly what I would do. But not the part about moving in next to your parents of course.

Soldato
I'm not interested in drawing attention to myself with flashy cars. I'd probably just buy a top of the range Duster and maybe a 108 to use around town.

Soldato
Buy a few beers.

Over the next few weeks start taking "sickkies" until you hand in your notice due to a change of life circumstances !! (They'll think you're ill).

Go on a World Cruise - to try to recover !!

Sell up to buy a sea shack. Which you do but buy the ****off farm oop Rord !!
Convert the barn into an awesome garage/workshop and tinker in it making stuff !

Soldato
It's a little disturbing that we've had several responses that the first thing someone would do on finding they had enough money to last them for the rest of a very, very comfortable life and then some, is to do their bit to make it harder on people struggling to get on the property ladder by buying up houses to rent out to them. You're rich! You don't have to create more pressure on the housing market just for fun!

Associate
They'll be the sensible cars.

Need longer to decide on the toy car. :cool:

Haha, I think cars would be a serious danger to me. Could easily blow a mil on cars alone. Then I'd need a giant garage, so a bigger house and so on :(

As for my fun car, Jaguar F Type SVR and an S65 Coupe!

Associate
It's a little disturbing that we've had several responses that the first thing someone would do on finding they had enough money to last them for the rest of a very, very comfortable life and then some, is to do their bit to make it harder on people struggling to get on the property ladder by buying up houses to rent out to them. You're rich! You don't have to create more pressure on the housing market just for fun!

If you can't beat 'em. Not sure why it's disturbing.

Back
Top Bottom