Help! Climbing snowdon tomorrow am

Soldato
Bit late but look after your feet. I was doing a few climbs in Glencoe yesterday and came across some poor dude with his boots off and a nasty blister. Watched him hobbling down in real pain.

Soldato
Bit late but look after your feet. I was doing a few climbs in Glencoe yesterday and came across some poor dude with his boots off and a nasty blister. Watched him hobbling down in real pain.

Why didn't you call in the rescue Helicopter for such a serious injury!

Associate
Climbed it (up and down) in 2hrs 30 mins at the end of a 19hr 57 min three peaks challenge. Went up the pig and down the miners tracks. These start and finish at the same place - car park at the youth hostel. We were dropped off because parking is a nightmare any half busy day. As with any mountain it needs to be respected but it is not difficult.

Caporegime
I would suggest flying up in a helicopter, but the air is so thin up there.
It would struggle at that altitude.

So, I'd hire hire some Sherpas from Llandewi Breffi instead.

The helicopter can be used to set up and advanced base base camp form which you can camp out to get acclimatized, avoiding the dangerous ice-falls below. Once the Sherpas have caught up then they can set up a pulley system to drag you and your oxygen tanks to the summit.

Associate
I did it a few years back as the third ascent in a '3 Peak' challenge. Ben Nevis is an easy yomp and Scafell Pike is only awkward 'cos we came down in the dark. The hardest thing was tiredness but good fun.

Soldato
How can that ^^ be the summit if there's higher ground next to it...

I know it isn't because I've been there in thick fog and all I had to look at is what EVH posted.

Dup

Dup

Soldato
Im pretty sure its just to give directions to the summit, you know because its hard to know which way up is. If its where i think it is, its a way off the summit as well. Lol if that's as far as they went.

That's where the Pyg and Llanberis Tracks meet to guide people to the summit, where the cafe and droves of people congregate which is my idea of hell.

Back
Top Bottom