Ive Had my origin account stolen what do i do ?

P.B

P.B

Soldato
I've had someone with a Russian change my email and password on my account and i cant use it any more and it has a lot of games on it what can i do ? as i need to log in to talk to ea :(

Associate
I think you either need to create another account to talk to them online or go through the help system until you can get a phone number.

Soldato
I know this isn't much help right now but in the future it's best to use an authenticator, I've done it for Origin, Steam and UPlay now because of these instances.

Soldato
These accounts seem to get hacked all the time.. How does this happen? Super easy password, keylogger, details sold by employee or social engineering.. I don't believe it could be brute forced..

Same with BT, TalkTalk and AOL email accounts loads of people have them "hacked"

Pet Northerner
Don
These accounts seem to get hacked all the time.. How does this happen? Super easy password, keylogger, details sold by employee or social engineering.. I don't believe it could be brute forced..

Same with BT, TalkTalk and AOL email accounts loads of people have them "hacked"

It's always shared username / password combos across sites. A weaker site is hacked and all the email / passwords are ran against all the big sites to see if hits are made. Mix your log in deets about to ensure this doesn't happen.

wnb

wnb

Soldato
This has happened to me twice,. First time I called origin and they sorted it in a few minutes. Second time I requested a new password that was sent to my email.

Soldato
mine got done recently (twice!) spoke to ea on a callback and sorted it and enabled 2 factor, however i am unable to change my ID now as it says its already registered.

very annoying.

P.B

P.B

Soldato
OP
thanks guys i rang them all sorted now, did think there was a call line. so much more helpful as the online is useless

Caporegime
Happened me a while ago and the cheeky gitt bought fifa through my account. I just logged in one day and seen fifa in my games library all of a sudden. For some reason it almost always seems to be some Russian git doing it. :mad:

Soldato
Didn't realise Blizzard had one as well, thanks - just installed it.

I actually think it was blizzard who was the first to go this route. They already had a physical authentication device but I believe they were the first if not very close to making an app version.

Must have tech either way it saves my steam account more times than I care to mention.

Interesting correlation is the more games you have / inventory items the more frequently you get attacked like this in my experience.

I make very random passwords so definitely not brute force (example made up just now: fwszgvffss!2523!) so I'm unsure of how anyone could guess or brute something like that so can only imagine I was compromised in other ways. I have fresh installed windows and changed all passwords and yet I still regularly get attacked. Usually whilst at work my phone will pop up with a login authentication code and I can't help but laugh a little.

Back
Top Bottom