** LAZER3D AVAILABLE EXCLUSIVELY AT OVERCLOCKERS - BEHOLD THE LZ7 **

Associate
Thanks for all the great feedback everyone, much appreciated!

I should probably start a thread up somewhere to discuss all these ideas. A compact M-ATX case sounds good, I'm very keen on the HTPC aspect/low profile case, but if possible I want to avoid PCIe risers.

Caporegime
A compact M-ATX case sounds good, I'm very keen on the HTPC aspect/low profile case, but if possible I want to avoid PCIe risers.

Great news, their will be a pretty big appetite for a quality mATX solution that is as compact as possible!! Please keep us updated if you do have any more solid plans, it'll be worth waiting for :cool:

Associate
Hope you don't mind, but this a cross post from the thread in the SFF section of this forum, questions were asked about temperatures, so here is some brief info on what you can expect in the LZ7:

Here is the spec of my own personal system built into an LZ7:

4S2zU2O.jpg
  • Case: LZ7 with Cyclone Vents
  • MSI B250i Mini-ITX motherboard
  • Intel Core i7-7700
  • Noctua NH-L12 (bottom fan only) CPU Cooler
  • Gigabyte GTX 1070 ITX Graphics Card
  • 256Gb M.2 NVMe SSD + 500Gb 2.5" HDD
  • 16Gb 2400Mhz DDR4 Corsair Vengeance LPX
  • Prolimatech Ultra Sleek Vortex 140mm Slim Case Fan
  • Corsair SF450 SFX Power Supply

Personally I prioritise a quiet system over absolute maximum performance, so I tune my systems with low noise fan curves and the GPU is set to it 'silent' fan profile, this does mean the temps run a little higher than they could if fan curves were more agressive. The important thing to focus on is how well the GPU can maintain its (above) boost clocks even with this silent fan profile.

Below are some temp/noise/boost clock results of the system running a few popular games:

DzYN5t2.jpg

The system is practically silent during idle, this is mainly thanks to the ability of the MSI B250i fan controllers, it is one of the best Mini-ITX motherboards I've come across for fan control, CPU and system fan power can be dialed right down to extremely low RPM's.

When gaming the system does become audible, but not to the level you would expect considering the hardware packed inside, I would definitely say this particular setup runs quiet whilst gaming. As you would expect the GPU can be heard the most, but its by no means loud with its fan RPM peaking at around 1600 RPM with the silent profile activated.

Please note: The noise and temperatures of your own system will be completely dependent on the hardware you pick, every GPU, CPU cooler and case fan perform differently.

Here are some further results including CPU stress testing with Prime95:

eVWOUa6.jpg

For more detail on this testing there is a more detailed article on the Lazer3D website HERE.

Soldato
I'm guessing these are Acrylic like Parvum & Geeek cases.. would be interested if a all metal version came out - even if limited and less customisation. Just can't beat the feel of aluminium - brushed . One order one in a heart beat

Caporegime
The system is practically silent during idle

I also value this. Don't mind as much during gaming (as long as it's not nuts), as a headset can be worn :)

Coffee Lake is due out later this year, definitely hope that OcUK @ChugNorris update the system platform once it is as it'll be an absolute cracker!! And a system for years to come when paired with a Ti :cool:

I'll certainly be waiting for it, half made up my mind to buy a pre-built for the first time ever!! :)

Soldato
I also value this. Don't mind as much during gaming (as long as it's not nuts), as a headset can be worn :)

Coffee Lake is due out later this year, definitely hope that OcUK @ChugNorris update the system platform once it is as it'll be an absolute cracker!! And a system for years to come when paired with a Ti :cool:

I'll certainly be waiting for it, half made up my mind to buy a pre-built for the first time ever!! :)
Me too, I'm considering getting this right now. I'm just worried about being limited to 7 inch cards in the future.

Associate
Just waiting now :D

Is the KUBE bigger than the LZ7? I've read that the 1080 Ti Mini doesn't fit in the LZ7.
Yes the Kube case is about 30mm longer, 2mm higher and 15mm wider making it just under 9 litres.

The LZ7 can fit a GPU up to 186mm in length, the Kube can fit a GPU up to 216mm in length. The Zotax GTX 1080 Ti Mini is 211mm in length.

Back
Top Bottom