BMW and M Power Owners

Man of Honour
I didn't say you did, it would still be an "approved used car" with a BMW warranty, my point was more I'd rather deal with a BMW dealer than the "dealer" in question having googled them.

I agree with you broadly but I wanted to clarify that a sub 3 years old car car has BMW warranty provided the terms of it haven't been breached by a lack of servicing or whatever.

So you can buy a sub 3 year old car from someone other than BMW and still have BMW warranty.

Soldato
You guys have convinced me to avoid :D

Went to see a hybrid 3 in a similar setup in Wembley, set of warehouses packed out with dodgy looking cars, staff weren't being helpful at all even though I had rung up before saying that I was coming to see the car so I made a hasty retreat. Looking at the pictures of the cars at Tanyard reminded me of the place in Wembley so I was sort of put off anyway.

Caporegime
BMW Coopers Reading are doing some VIP event this weekend and sent me a 'VIP invite'. What are these events about? An excuse to try and sell you cars or something more interesting?

Soldato
BMW Coopers Reading are doing some VIP event this weekend and sent me a 'VIP invite'. What are these events about? An excuse to try and sell you cars or something more interesting?

It's a special one off event where they will give you the deal of a lifetime that no one else will ever have been offered....or an excuse to flog a load of 320d to people

Caporegime
I agree with you broadly but I wanted to clarify that a sub 3 years old car car has BMW warranty provided the terms of it haven't been breached by a lack of servicing or whatever.

So you can buy a sub 3 year old car from someone other than BMW and still have BMW warranty.
Fair enough.

Just out of curiosity, were you to buy an approved used from BMW with say 9months factory warranty remaining, would they round the warranty up to 12months (or whatever they give you) or would you have just the 9 months factory or say 9months factory plus 12months AUC?

Caporegime
Thanks mate, I'll pass that on,my other half is hell bent on changing her Chrysler PT Cruiser 2.4 for something better,as her weekend toy - shes got an immaculate 12 plate Focus diesel for day to day which is paid for - its currently a toss up between an AUC 2011 plate 135i or an Approved used (from a Porsche dealer) 51 plate(!) Porsche Boxster S (1 owner, 18k) for roughly the same ballpark figure - sub £16k - I'm swaying her toward the BMW but I think she's set on the Porker!

The wildcard is a 17 plate 120d, hence the initial question....

I know, I know, theres no logic in this, women eh? :p

Soldato
OP
They're an absolute waste of time. They just use it to sell old stock. I bought my old Z4 from Cooper Reading and they are ok to deal with, but getting any kind of deal out of them is like getting blood from a stone.
Slightly OT, but if you go to Porsche Reading and show an interest in selling your M3 for a 911, they will give you the full tour of their garage, restoration area ( I saw a 959 and a 911 GT1 being worked on) and other stuff out the back, plus you'll get a decent test drive in whatever they have in stock and get to take it round the roads past Theale, Bradfield etc. It was much better than the short drive I got from Cooper Reading down the IDR.

Caporegime
They're an absolute waste of time. They just use it to sell old stock. I bought my old Z4 from Cooper Reading and they are ok to deal with, but getting any kind of deal out of them is like getting blood from a stone.
Slightly OT, but if you go to Porsche Reading and show an interest in selling your M3 for a 911, they will give you the full tour of their garage, restoration area ( I saw a 959 and a 911 GT1 being worked on) and other stuff out the back, plus you'll get a decent test drive in whatever they have in stock and get to take it round the roads past Theale, Bradfield etc. It was much better than the short drive I got from Cooper Reading down the IDR.

Only used them for my service to keep the BMWFSH.

I like the Porsche idea, might give that a go. Wouldn't mind trying a few. A mate at work is currently in the market for a 911 so got a bit of interest in them on his behalf and was looking at them when I bought the M3

Soldato
I want a MPE but £2.5k for the E92 :(

I don't know about the E92 but for the F20/F21 M135i/M140i it's £695 for the chrome tips or £825 for carbon from Cotswold BMW (not fitted). I've seen both cheaper through various offers mentioned on babyBMW. It obviously sounds better than the standard exhaust but I think the actual tips make a big improvement to the rear of the car, especially the carbon ones.

https://i.imgur.com/dHbbftg.jpg

That's from an M240i but you get the jist.

BCS also looks nice but doesn't sound as good as the MPE.

Soldato
I like the new Snapper Rocks Blue colour - makes a change from the usual 10 shades of grey, black or white choices.

36566346450_663f035217_b.jpg

Man of Honour
makes a change from the usual 10 shades of grey, black or white choices.

The 4 Series has always been available with bright colours, half of them are Estoril Blue which is even more in your face.

It's the 5 Series they insist on only offering grey, dark blue, dark blue they pretend is black and white :(

Soldato
I think Snapper Rocks is available on the new M5, but I really like the redie / orange I've seen a few articles have as images, although theres no mention of such colour on the car details and can't see it in the paint lineup anywhere else so can't help but think it's a photoshop

Soldato
Picked up this today, came free with the house:

6GcBtq5.jpg.png

Drives straight and the auto gearbox changes well and predictably.

Four brand new ditch finders so will be putting some decent rubber on it shortly. Needs a little TLC round the edges which I'll be working on through the coming months.

It's an SE 530i for those interested.

Back
Top Bottom