Oculus Rift

Associate
Well my rift and 1080 came today, set it up and had a quick go straight after work, I'm blown away, I only had a 10 minute play around in First Contact and it was just what I hoped it would be, I've had a fly around in Aircar and now I'm downloading Robo Recall.

The lenses keep misting up very quickly and causing blurry patches, now and then I get it positioned just right and it seems to last longer before it mists again!

Associate
Well my rift and 1080 came today, set it up and had a quick go straight after work, I'm blown away, I only had a 10 minute play around in First Contact and it was just what I hoped it would be, I've had a fly around in Aircar and now I'm downloading Robo Recall.

The lenses keep misting up very quickly and causing blurry patches, now and then I get it positioned just right and it seems to last longer before it mists again!
Don't miss the Dreamdeck demos (should be auto installed in your library).

As for fogging - buy a fan. I'll say it to everyone if I have to, but it makes a world of difference! I have a floor standing one positioned at about chest height (or just below) pointed slightly upwards - massively helps with fogging/keeping cool in the HMD.

Soldato

I get fogging for the first few minutes I just keep wiping it clean until it goes away. Just make sure its not to low on your face and your breath is fogging it up. I also have a fan blowing on me and it helps a lot in keeping me cool.

Associate
picked up The Climb and Superhot VR last night. Superhot VR is excellent fun but limited due to my smaller play space but for me The Climb is something else and makes the Oculus purchase well worth the money. Even the wife who had ago had to be prised away from the Oculus so I could get a go.

Raz

Raz

Soldato
Got mine delivered today. Will try it out tomorrow.

Any good horror game recommendations? Will give Alien Isolation a go but have heard good things about Wilson's Heart - anyone tried that?

Associate
Got mine delivered today. Will try it out tomorrow.

Any good horror game recommendations? Will give Alien Isolation a go but have heard good things about Wilson's Heart - anyone tried that?
Wilson's Heart is decent if you want an adventure style game with psychological/horror overtones, though I didn't really find it scary. I'd recommend buying it in a sale though - it's not enough of a must play title to fork out full price for it.

Soldato
If you want a horror game, I've yet to find one better than Affected. There's a beta version you can install kicking around on the Web for free. Also available on oculus store. It takes serious effort to get to the end

Raz

Raz

Soldato
Thanks, I'll keep an eye out then for both Wilson's Heart and Affected.

First things first though, let's hope I can get it set up tomorrow without any problems!

Soldato
Mine arrived this morning, all set up but having issues... it completes all the set up fine but there is a noticeable issue with tracking the headset position, it's like it keeps drifting and then realising it's done so and jumping the image back to where it was every 2 seconds or so, it's probably only shifting about a pixel or two but is really annoying, any ideas?

Soldato
no bright light, mirrors or anything shiny surfaces, sensors areplaced either side of my desk around 2 meters from my center point.

When I tried Elite it was flashing between faded and full colour which used to indicate it was loosing the headset tracking on the DK2 if I remember rightly?

Soldato
did you move any sensors at-all after doing the set-up? that can confuse it.

The other possibility is USB bandwidth if your headset and sensors are all plugged in to the same usb controller. try it with one sensor unplugged and see if it still does it.

Soldato
All sorted now, I played with USB connections moving stuff about, trying a single sensor (each on their own) and rebooted a few times and it appears something I did has solved it :D

Awesome bit of kit :)

Soldato
Hahahah, I'm sure I'll give that a look at some point lmao!!!

Now seriously considering going to minimalism in my room specifically for rift use... what ave I done :eek:

Soldato
Once again... Robo Recall....

Just kicks my ass....

Get frikkin chills everytime the title screen comes up...

ROBOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO RECAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAALLLL.

Frikkin A.

Soldato
so i got my rift without touch with the idea i wouldn't want or need it, 3 days later touch was ordered and have been playing with it since, i love it! i want a third sensor now, robo recall is insane, genuinely move and jump around as things spring at you :D played a little onward and think i will enjoy that and have pavlov to try

Hahahah, I'm sure I'll give that a look at some point lmao!!!

Now seriously considering going to minimalism in my room specifically for rift use... what ave I done :eek:

I have done the same, cleared my second desk away and opened up my room so the majority of it is a play area, thinking about lining the whole place with acoustic tiles, i have them on my ceiling, they look smart and i can really get into it without fear of going overboard and knocking my self out. Due to decorate the room anyway so shouldn't be too much hassle.

Back
Top Bottom