OcUK Dadsnet thread

Caporegime
So err the missus has gone into labour.

I got in from work 3 hours ago and had been up since 5 am on Friday.

Where's the coffee & red bull when you need it
In the "labour goodies" bag, I went well prepared for a long stint :p

Here's wishing you all the best for the next few hours/days!

(Yes I'm awake for a 5am change and feed!)

Soldato
On a slightly brighter note, sorry for your stressed time Abra, my twins slept for 13 hours in a row.....THIRTEEN ******* HOURS!!!! I managed to sleep myself for 10 hours without waking up! I feel like I could run a marathon :D

Usually one of the twins wakens and any thoughts of a lie in are dead and buried, even if the other is asleep. To have both sleep for 13 hours. Wow :D

Soldato
On a slightly brighter note, sorry for your stressed time Abra, my twins slept for 13 hours in a row.....THIRTEEN ******* HOURS!!!! I managed to sleep myself for 10 hours without waking up! I feel like I could run a marathon :D

Usually one of the twins wakens and any thoughts of a lie in are dead and buried, even if the other is asleep. To have both sleep for 13 hours. Wow :D

Lucky you!

My 1yr old twins (boy+girl) still don't sleep through all the night yet. Bed at 8, wake up for a drink about midnight then sleep till about 7-8. Not bad though for their age.

:)

Soldato
Lucky you!

My 1yr old twins (boy+girl) still don't sleep through all the night yet. Bed at 8, wake up for a drink about midnight then sleep till about 7-8. Not bad though for their age.

:)

Ah listen mate, my two identical chaps didn't sleep through the night until they were 14 months old. They are now 20 months and it does get easier....in fact I'd not say easier, I'd say different. Things get different. Different you might ask? Well they move on from you not worrying about them eating or the like, you worry about them falling and breaking their necks whilst climbing. And by **** do my two love to climb (typical wee boys I guess) but I've had my heart in my mouth more often than not the last 6 months due to seeing them tottering somewhere high that they shouldn't be!

You'll be getting to the stage now where stair gates on most of the doors is a must.

Also putting locks on drawers and cupboards....https://www.amazon.co.uk/Magnetic-C...coding=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=T845463Y3J5GNSNCQXTM

I can't recommend these enough. Easy to install (2min job) but keeps things out of reach, of wee mitts! Also my two boys love playing with the magnet unlocking bits. The magnets to unlock are actually fairly strong magnets. Good fun as a toy, as long as they dont' try to eat them.

Have you any concerns/worries/questions/tips you want help with?

Man of Honour
Need to stick it in
[img /img] tags?

Congratulations!

Soldato
So its been 10 days of pure frustration as my 3rd child Annie was born on the 10th a whole month earlier than expected and both her and the missus have been stuck in since; only getting out today as the baby has managed to finally regulate her own temperature and the Jaundice levels have come down enough to be discharged after 9 days in an incubator on the UV lights. My missus also stuck because her blood pressure kept spiking, at one point so much so she narrowly avoided having a stroke.

Am absolutely besotted though and having thought I'd never have anymore after the psycho ex partner and all the rubbish I've been through I can't wait to show this little one just how much her Daddy loves her.

22552670_536672366668681_2606858542960696231_n.jpg

Seriously love my missus and am very proud of her too but am banned from uploading pictures of her lol

Soldato
Congratulations mate... When we had our son last year him and my missus had to stay in for a week, He had to spend hours under the UV lights with his shades on, constantly taking blood samples from him... They were actually alright at our hospital they let me stay aswell as the missus kept getting really upset and anxious every time little man cried becuase were first time parents so she wasnt confident bless her, so they said to keep them both settled i could sleep there... Im glad you and your family are well

Soldato
My twins were 7 weeks early (not unexpected for twins) and my wife had her C section scar burst at home (weren't even home from the hospital 3 hours, wee chaps still in ICU), it looked like Freddie krugger got her :( Had to call ambulance and get her to A&E for emergency operation. They kept her in with the twins all over Xmas and the new year. Didn't get them all home until the middle of Jan, when the boys were born on the 22nd Dec!

Weird having xmas day, new years day etc in hospital. Nurses made it as nice as they could bless them, but nothing beats being at home.

NVP

NVP

Soldato
Finally brought my little gorilla home yesterday after 60 days in NICU - timed it perfect for an amazing Diwali :)

After living on 3 hours a night sleep in order to look after him and my wife as well as getting the house finished (new bathroom, kitchen and nursery, as well as new flooring in the hallsame and new carpets... pretty much done up the whole house!) I finally had the best nights sleep I've had since he came in to this world.

Blessed :)

I hope he likes his new home :)

Associate
Pro tip.

If your newborn baby is asleep and relatives come round expecting the cuddle and coo then tell them to hop it.

Letting someone wake up and cuddle your baby is going to be a nightmare for you further down the line.

We learned this after our first born and it took her until the age of 4 before we were in a decent bedtime routine. Our second baby we were more strict. When it was time to sleep we let her sleep and nothing but an earthquake would be allowed to wake her. It's been so much easier that way.

Soldato
Our first was born 29th sept. 6 day stay in hospital at first and then another 4 day stay after only 2 days at home. All on the mend now tho, and allergic to cows milk like her dad :)

Soldato
Congratulations!

2 months into my second being born (the Mrs' third).

I thought paternity was tough before when I could sleep more or less all day but being awake most of the night then having to run after a crazy 2 year old while mummy sleeps has been tough. :p

I forgot about the worry. I'm an extremely laid back guy and don't worry about anything but babies make me crazy with worry. He had his first cold 2 weeks in then my almost 2 year got croup so it's been a fun couple of months.

Soldato
Just to cheer you all up and give you a chuckle, my son has recently started climbing things and generally trying to get at/in everything (he can also do a full set of stairs now at 13 months so be weary). Anyway he thought it would be a great idea to post a small wooden block from his shape sorter inside one of my floor standers. Me and the the Mrs found it hilarious as posting things seem to be his thing.

Back
Top Bottom