Possible bargain, or not?

Associate
Just browsing around autotrader for a new car and came across this one. That seems to be a lot of car for the price although the warning that its overheating. Does anyone know much about these and possible issues / costs in repair? Obviously there's no way of knowing whats exactly wrong with it but ive seen enough episodes of Wheeler Dealers to know there could be a bargain here :) What think ye?

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classif...onesearchad=Nearly New&onesearchad=New&page=1

Soldato
Wouldn't touch a 15 year old Range Rover if you paid me. Wouldn't run one of any age without a cast iron warranty frankly.

Associate
OP
Fair enough, sound advice :D

I thought they were more reliable than it sounds, and comparing against prices of working ones it seemed a possible bargain. I shall avoid rr's in future.

Soldato
If you had good mechanical skills it actually could be a bargain assuming it has good history and has been well cared for: you could probably knock a few hundred more off the price, then refurb or replace the engine and you've got a low mileage car in good condition for less than £4k. For an average person though it's anything but a bargain.

Associate
I imagine the car has a simple fault and the dealer hasn't the time or inclination to get a garage to look at for them.

Either that or it's a basket case that needs more spending on it than a working example is worth....

Back
Top Bottom