Destiny 2

Soldato
I may get this, really enjoyed learning and playing with a few from here, just circumstance at the time meant I couldnt play. Can I keep my character? I didn't get the last expansion so may be underlevelled

Soldato
You keep your characters but everyone starts at level 1 anyway. No gear, levels or progression carries over from the last game. D2 is a separate game entirely.

Soldato
What platform is everyone playing this on? Won't be getting it until December anyway but stuck between PC (looks like the best experience) and Xbox (where my friends play).

I would have to rebuy an Xbox (S or X) for the latter however Sami sold my One recently.

Soldato
Ok well I think I prefer that anyway, thank you.

Yeah we are all basically starting again albeit with our characters in tact (so everyone gets treated to Pigtails again... :p).

As someone who has played Halo and CoD, which is Destiny more similar to (if either)? Considering picking it up this year as the new CoD looks pretty dreadful.

It is somewhat similar to Halo (the game has a *feel* to it which is somehow unique to Bungie) but has different overall movement mechanics. It is much closer to Halo than CoD though. PVP is somewhere in the middle in terms of TTK (ignoring power weapons in Halo) but again the feel is different.

Soldato
I'll be on from Thursday evening for this. Is it worth refreshing the player lists perhaps to get Friends lists up to date before everything kicks off? Happy to set up a Google list or something.

Associate
I think I will run Titan as first character as he's the only good looking one, oh and the supers and ability should hopefully be useful for the raid if there are lots of Warlocks.

Soldato
If you buy the game in NZ you'll have to get the expansion from there as well apparently, and you may lose your progression if you switch back to the UK region for PSN. I personally don't think it's worth going through the hassle just to save a few hours.

Soldato
If you buy the game in NZ you'll have to get the expansion from there as well apparently, and you may lose your progression if you switch back to the UK region for PSN. I personally don't think it's worth going through the hassle just to save a few hours.
Perfect reason to not ever buy from other regions even if delay was weeks or so I don't see the extra time as enough of a positive when games can lock you out or give negatives down line of you use UK servers etc

Associate
So would I have to buy from New Zealand region or could I just change the region on my Xbox and play when it goes live NZ time?

When i buy Forza from Singapore, i change location of console to Singapore, enter credit code, purchase game, download game, switch console location back to UK.

Forza always unlocked Singapore midnight timezone, never unlocked by console location, only by purchase location from my testing.

Also, i've purchased Forza horizon 3 from Singapore, then purchased DLC from USA, works perfect :)

EDIT: how much is Destiny 2 in New Zealand?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom