Nuclear War! What would you do?

Man of Honour
Deliberately seperate from the North Korea thread and intended to be more... err... 'fun' (less serious).

Suppose it comes to the worst and North Korea launches a nuke. You're there at work, drinking out of your OcUK mug, browsing the blue screen, then BAMN nuclear bomb has gone off somewhere in Asia or west coast US. Quick - to the internet! 30 new threads make you aware of the horror.

Would you drop your mug in slow motion and run for the hills, or diligently get on with that work admin you had been putting off for two weeks? I was thinking about this whilst slupin' on my morning brew. I can kind of see everyone waiting to see what everyone else does. If I was in London I'd probably feel a bit more frightened!

So... what would you do?

Soldato
I have three viable choices (assuming the airspace isn't closed down pronto!)

Stay put in London, have a beer and wait for my toast.
Move to our US home in Albuquerque, have a beer and wait for my toast
Fly to remote location on planet, have a beer and watch the toast from affair.

Soldato
Head straight home and try to find out if it's too late to invest in a nuclear bomb shelter for the garden. Or look up any nearby locations that could potentially be used as one.

Caporegime
Probably just end myself tbh, I know for as long as humans exist there'll be war but if we can't even learn from 70+ years ago then why bother, depends on how it's used really, tactical ones to take out structures I could understand, but melting hundreds of thousands of humans then no thanks Jeff.

Soldato
Probably just end myself tbh, I know for as long as humans exist there'll be war but if we can't even learn from 70+ years ago then why bother, depends on how it's used really, tactical ones to take out structures I could understand, but melting hundreds of thousands of humans then no thanks Jeff.

Went onto that nuke calculator site, 14 million dead in most heavily populated (mumbai) with tsar bomb.

Back
Top Bottom