• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The RX Vega 64 Owners Thread

Soldato
Good news!

I connected three monitors to Vega, and it stays at lowest power setting!
And it is not a simplest setup to drive:
2560x1440 144Hz DP
1920x1200 60Hz HDMI
1920x1080 60Hz DP

Triple monitor power consumption is finally in check.

Yep mine only boosts up if I use two 1440p res at one 1440p and other 1080p 2D clocks

Associate
Hello everyone,

i just got my waterblock for Sapphire Vega 64. Anyone can tell me where i can get the LC version BIOS?

Thank you in advance

Associate
Heh I could, but a bit of back of the envelope maths shows that I'd really be pushing it. It's an old gold rated PSU, so I think it would be borderline on balanced mode with my rig and trip on turbo especially under gaming load. I've only had crashes in The Witcher 3 and XCom 2 but... they're the games I've played the most. Perhaps I'll devote some solid playtime tomorrow into Batman or Nier Automata.

I've been away from the forum for a bit due to life stuff dragging me away. That doesn't mean that I haven't devoted a whole load of time to tinkering with my PC and the Vega 64 though. The tl;dr; on all the latter problems I had with stability was, as far as I can tell, the fault of my CPU overclock. Hence it being stable at stock once I'd solved the cabling/driver issues. After much much tinkering, and swearing for not keeping a written copy of the bios settings I had, I'm at the point where it's normal again.

The upshot of it all is, not only do I know have a shiny new GPU I have an improved PC as a whole. I've managed to get a stable faster overclock; having remounted the cooler and discovered I had way too much TIM on there, to learning more than I ever wanted to know about Asus BIOS settings, how adaptive voltage works and various other bits and pieces.

Much of my problem after updating the PCs BIOS and wiping out my settings was beginner mistakes that I avoided in the initial overclocked build last year as I read a tutorial and followed it carefully. This time I forgot things like turning off SVID and other settings when manually setting the voltage. So I went from having an unstable PC due to power and an overclock that now longer worked reliably, why I do not know, to a poorly applied overclock that left the CPU unstable and exhibited the same symptoms. I've now got both adaptive and fixed vcore bios settings for various overclocks saved to a USB memory stick and stored on OneDrive. In both Asus's own format and as plain text files in case I have another bout of epic muppetry in the near future.

Alls well that ends well and I'm plenty happy with the card, and have now sold my Fury X and old PSU. All that said though given the time I've invested in fixing my own mistakes the thought of either paying Overclockers the extra to build my next major PC or a predone OC upgrade bundle is not only mightily appealing but possibly also economically sound (time==money etc.).

Man of Honour
OP
La8kxIO.jpg

My new graphics card goodness, which arrived last week, has been installed and is up and running.

Welcome and on TROH.:)

The Roll of Honour.
k0HZfc3.png

Date 05/09/2017, Make Reference Air, Synchrouk, Link
Date 02/09/2017, Make Reference AIO, Tinek, Link
Date 02/09/2017, Make Reference Air, AmateurExpert, Link
Date 01/09/2017, Make Reference AIO, Nemesis.ie, Link
Date 31/08/2017, Make Reference Air, Boomstick777, Link
Date 31/08/2017, Make Reference Air, Paul Campbell, Link
Date 31/08/2017, Make Reference Air, shankly1985, Link
Date 30/08/2017, Make Reference AIO, Chewie, Link
Date 30/08/2017, Make Reference Air, Shiari, Link
Date 30/08/2017, Make Reference Air, chaosophy, Link
Date 29/08/2017, Make Reference AIO, BadIronTree, Link
Date 28/08/2017, Make Reference Air, Neutral, Link
Date 26/08/2017, Make Reference AIO, iihavetoes, Link
Date 25/08/2017, Make Reference Air, disi, Link
Date 25/08/2017, Make Reference AIO, djbully, Link
Date 24/08/2017, Make Reference Air, Bonjour, Link
Date 24/08/2017, Make Reference Air, Kmodo, Link
Date 23/08/2017, Make Reference AIO, Dave2150, Link
Date 23/08/2017, Make Reference Air, Roughneck, Link
Date 21/08/2017, Make Reference AIO, diziet, Link
Date 19/08/2017, Make Reference Air, CapitalOne, Link
Date 18/08/2017, Make Reference AIO, NathG79, Link
Date 18/08/2017, Make Reference Air, Chrisc, Link
Date 17/08/2017, Make Reference AIO, DazQ87, Link
Date 17/08/2017, Make Reference Air, Smudge, Link
Date 17/08/2017, Make Reference Air, ChosenName, Link
Date 17/08/2017, Make Reference Air, mattyc123, Link
Date 16/08/2017, Make Reference Air, WhistleBlower07, Link
Date 16/08/2017, Make Reference AIO, nashathedog, Link
Date 16/08/2017, Make Reference AIO, heartburnron, Link
Date 16/08/2017, Make Reference Air, vanpeebles, Link
Date 15/08/2017, Make Reference Air, Morve, Link
Date 15/08/2017, Make Reference Air, Howling, Link
Date 15/08/2017, Make Reference Air, Apache14, Link
Date 15/08/2017, Make Reference AIO, Dianbobo, Link
Date 15/08/2017, Make Reference Air, ubersonic, Link
Date 15/08/2017, Make Reference AIO, AMDMatt, Link
Date 15/08/2017, Make Reference Air, TonyTurbo78, Link
Date 15/08/2017, Make Reference AIO, MDPlatts, Link

To get on the Roll of Honour all you have to do is post a pic with your user name on it of your Vega 64.

Permabanned
Yup, I'd def wait for all of the C0 chips to go myself before jumping in.

The amount of failures is rediculous, and theres only 15 of them on the ROH.

Exactly, I'd avoid tbh!

That's what I'm hoping to do but if they originally started with C0's and then found a problem when used in the blower cards so they had to create C1's for them they may have a stockpile of C0's which makes me wonder if we'll ever see the C1's in the AIO's which is a shame as the card itself is a looker, I'm hoping the partner model's aren't on C0's.

Associate
That's what I'm hoping to do but if they originally started with C0's and then found a problem when used in the blower cards so they had to create C1's for them they may have a stockpile of C0's which makes me wonder if we'll ever see the C1's in the AIO's which is a shame as the card itself is a looker, I'm hoping the partner model's aren't on C0's.
The AIOs are a complete mess. I'm considering returning my replacement card because it crashes on 17.8.2 without upping the voltage. Due to scarcity in the US, not sure what I'd replace it with.

Caporegime

Yup, their's def something fishy going on with the C0's. I'd avoid at all costs myself.

Associate
Got mine earlier today , slapped it into my machine to have a play.

VLWbYhc.jpg

xwKbLC8.jpg

PV25SPv.jpg

First impressions , the card is a pretty nice looking and feels solid , but it is quite a bit louder than the 1080 FE. Performance wise not so good.

Early benchmarks on UniEngine Heaven 4.0 with the usual 1080p settings shows it is some 600-700 points down vs the 1080 FE on all default settings.

Ill have a few more days playing with it and ill decide on which one ill keep and the other will be sold off.

Permabanned
The AIOs are a complete mess. I'm considering returning my replacement card because it crashes on 17.8.2 without upping the voltage. Due to scarcity in the US, not sure what I'd replace it with.

UPPING the voltage? Wow!
Based on what the reviewer's are saying you're best off reducing it so if you can't get it to play nice as is it doesn't sound good.

Yup, their's def something fishy going on with the C0's. I'd avoid at all costs myself.
It sound's like it, I think it's disgusting that AMD have tried selling the premium AIO version with an older chip that for whatever reason hasn't been used in the cheaper blower card.

Soldato
UPPING the voltage? Wow!

It sound's like it, I think it's disgusting that AMD have tried selling the premium AIO version with an older chip that for whatever reason hasn't been used in the cheaper blower card.
I agree it's poor and feel really sorry for all those, yourself included, that was let down with a faulty card - I was lucky that mine is fine but do we actually know for sure it's an issue with C0 chips or are we just speculating based on snippets of information? Has there been an official comment from AMD on the volume of faulty cards or has anyone actually confirmed what the fault on the cards has been yet?

Associate
Got mine earlier today , slapped it into my machine to have a play.

First impressions , the card is a pretty nice looking and feels solid , but it is quite a bit louder than the 1080 FE. Performance wise not so good.

Early benchmarks on UniEngine Heaven 4.0 with the usual 1080p settings shows it is some 600-700 points down vs the 1080 FE on all default settings.

Ill have a few more days playing with it and ill decide on which one ill keep and the other will be sold off.

seems theres a bug that we discovered in the 56 owners thread, whereby the boost clocks are not fully being utilized from the powerplay states, did you check boost clocks during the run, do they match what they should be. if not try custom and setting the stock clocks manually and re running your score, do you get the same sort of results? obviously this is on the 56 and not the 64 this may not apply in your scenario. hope this helps.

Associate
What the hell is this stutter lag on just browsing the internet and scroll fast down all about ? I did a clean uninstall using DDU and put on the latest 17.8.2 drivers. Also feels like my system is about to lock up ? Anyone else got this

Associate
seems theres a bug that we discovered in the 56 owners thread, whereby the boost clocks are not fully being utilized from the powerplay states, did you check boost clocks during the run, do they match what they should be. if not try custom and setting the stock clocks manually and re running your score, do you get the same sort of results? obviously this is on the 56 and not the 64 this may not apply in your scenario. hope this helps.
Ill give it another go once I have sorted my stuttering issue now.

Back
Top Bottom