LG G4 worth it 2nd hand?

Associate
The phone ticks all my boxes for around £120-130.
Only thing is the possible bootloop issue. I take it that it's not possible to tell if it's gonna have the issue knowing manufacture date or imei etc? Or does every one made have the same manufacturer's fault?

I'm guessing it will be a lucky dip..

Soldato
Don't do it. Earlier ones suffer more but seriously, big nope. I have failure rates from internal documentation at a telco and I assure anyone considering this that it is a very bad idea. Other options at this pricepoint or even new mid-range are worth considering instead.

Associate
OP
That's a bit naff! Anthing else that is similar?
Upgrading from a Nexus 5 purely over memory space.
Sd card,
Wireless charging (loved by me hated by some)
Decent camera
Magnetometer for compass use
Under £150 2nd hand

Soldato
The G4 is one of the best phones I've ever owned!

Have to admit mine did develop an issue but credit to LG - they sorted it with minimal fuss!

No great upgrade going to my Galaxy S7 imo - in fact I still think the camera on my G4 was better than the S7's!

Associate
OP
The G4 is one of the best phones I've ever owned!

Have to admit mine did develop an issue but credit to LG - they sorted it with minimal fuss!

No great upgrade going to my Galaxy S7 imo - in fact I still think the camera on my G4 was better than the S7's!

Don't go saying that :mad:......just about settling for another phone now!
If they were new with warranty I'd get one I think but as they're all pretty much used and no warranty I'm not leave it......finally been talked out of it! :D

Associate
OP
In regards to warranty, there are numerous sellers on ebay etc offering "refurbished" phones with a 12 month warranty.
Anyone used such companies and had to make a claim? Just want to know if the warranty is actually worth anything?

Associate
I've had my G4 for 21 months, it boot looped after nearly 12 months but LG turned it around within a week over the new year!!

I can't think of another phone to replace it with around the same price i paid for it (£225 on pay as you go in Jan 2016), i did look into the V20, but i'll wait a bit, but i've generally replaced my phone by now.

Soldato
In regards to warranty, there are numerous sellers on ebay etc offering "refurbished" phones with a 12 month warranty.
Anyone used such companies and had to make a claim? Just want to know if the warranty is actually worth anything?
I would assume all of these are worth nothing at all if it's from EBay. I honestly am not saying the things I said at the top lightly or for internet points - This device caused networks to show extreme caution towards stocking future LG devices and caused a complete ton of unsatisfied customers. It is a great phone and I used a network tester version for a decent amount of time (until it looped) but it's not something you can trust out of warranty when other options exist.

Back
Top Bottom