Any decent budget Android tablets nowadays?

Man of Honour
I am interested in a new Android tablet. My nexus 7 has served me very well, as has my Samsung Pro 10.1". They probably have a couple of years left in them. But are there any good, but reasonably priced, Android tablets on the market nowadays?

I do prefer Android to iOSand have several paid for apps and utilities which Iwould prefer to keep, hence not moving to iOS (despite having access to a spare iPad Air.

Thanks.

Associate
If there's anything out there comparable to a Nexus 7 (2013) size and OS wise, I'd jump on it... Pixel C is still the main beast, but I could do with an N7 replacement after I smashed mine accidentally, and holding the Pixel C isn't exactly for comfortable bedtime tableting.

Soldato
I'm still using my Nexus 7 (2013) and runs perfectly. I'd go for a second hand one, I like mine so much.

Bought a Galaxy Tab E for the kids and runs really well, for the money. Better models out there I'm sure but I was very impressed.

Soldato
Soldato
I got one of these ZenPad 9.7 inch Z500M, fantastic tablet, lovely screen, speakers are so so loud. Had it a few months now and no complaints from me.

Associate
Any thoughts on the Chinese models?

Seen one on the bay - Android 7.0, 4g, 10.1" for around £100. If you're happy with just WiFi only the same model is around £60.

Thought it sounded too good to be true but saw some positive reviews on the Chinese phones, not sure how the tablets compare?

You cant get the lenovo Tab 4 Plus for around £249 now, very well reviewed tablet, I don't think you'll get better price to performance for than that right now.

Edit -

Actually you can grab a refurbished Lenovo Yoga Tab 3 Plus for only £224 off the bay, I'd go for that personaly, they are very comfortable to hold in portrait due to the design with the builtin stand and large battery.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom