(PS4:2017) Everybody's Golf

C64

C64

Soldato
I got this but the online needs major work.
I want to be able to play tournaments alongside others not people all doing their own round on their own.
I mean what is the point of online open course when all you can do is play a round on your own.

Lobbies are a joke too whoever has the highest levels wins basically because they can 2 shot to greens on par 5's and people just leave soon as they make 1 bad shot or think they wont win.

Like when I enter that daily tournament I want to be paired with someone else playing it hard locked in.This is meant to be online orientated but to me it feels very single player orientated.
Only played the game 2 days and getting bored because theres not much to do online outside of stroke play lobbies of which 99% are friends only and locked.

Still its way better than the rory golf game which feels like an alpha.

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
Man I wish I could say say the same thing. I've already complete story, I have to only earn about 70-80 gallery members from Rank 7, got my fishing to level 18 and holed out more than 1200 times and I still want to keep playing.

I do wish you could group up in Open Course though. I know you can join each other and start a 9 hole round together but I can imagine chat would be a little difficult to work with and you'd only see your own score.

I'm at a stage where more content would be welcome but there is still plenty to work towards. I can't say I really care much about being number 1 though, golf is a relaxing game to play. I find you have more fun by trying to beat your personal best.

If anyone is around later, we can have a match. Couldn't do anything at all last night, I think Virgin Media was working on the local box and the Internet kept cutting out.

Soldato
Ok, does anyone know anything about this little bit down in the bottom left?

qx6puv.jpg

I find that if I make a perfect impact, then the dot in this image can be way over to any side. Equally I've completely made a hash of my timing and this dot has been dead centre. Or anything in between!
Basically what I'm saying is that this dot seems to have no bearing on anything you do!?!?!

Does anyone have a clue?

Soldato

qx6puv.jpg

I find that if I make a perfect impact, then the dot in this image can be way over to any side. Equally I've completely made a hash of my timing and this dot has been dead centre. Or anything in between!
Basically what I'm saying is that this dot seems to have no bearing on anything you do!?!?!

Does anyone have a clue?

Been wondering the same... still no idea.

Associate
Oh I've seen that my "sway" has decreased when I level up certain clubs. So i'm guessing even if you hit a perfect shot, if your sway is high it could still go slightly off your desired path ?

That's my understanding of sway. Bit of a grind in single player to get your club stats up !

Not went on-line yet as I expect on-line players to have maxxed stats.

Great game though, playing it at 60fps on a pro (no HDR tho). Looks great and a lot of fun.

Cartoony characters disguise a pretty good golf physics engine.

Soldato
Oh I've seen that my "sway" has decreased when I level up certain clubs. So i'm guessing even if you hit a perfect shot, if your sway is high it could still go slightly off your desired path ?

Hmmm...... seems weird that there'd be a system you cannot affect (unless by grinding) that you cannot have any control over when taking a shot.

Ho hum !!

Soldato
As much as I love the more realistic golf games, Everybody's Golf over the years has always been a favourite and this version is no different.

It did annoy me this morning when there was no trophy for a birdie on each hole, for -9, on a 9 hole tournament. Yes it was an unofficial with tornado cups, I did chip in for 5 holes, but come on, it was 9 birdies on the trot :cool:

Soldato

qx6puv.jpg

Does anyone have a clue?

That's showing the ground slope where your ball is sitting which can affect your strike. Your "sway" level minimises the impact of this as it decreases.

Back
Top Bottom