* The Metal Thread *

Associate
I wanted to go to Wacken for a long time and yesterday I saw that they would release the tickets at 11pm UK time so I sat up after work to make sure I did get a ticket. 235 euro for a full festival ticket, a free t-shirt and shipping isnt too bad considering that you also get access to the camping on the Monday if you want (festival starts officially Thursday). And as a comparison I think you would pay about £200 for 2 days at the V-Festival here in Chelmsford, and not sure if that would include camping either.. Not to mention you would have 2 days of mostly **** music and a ******** of people who pretend they like music..

Soldato
New Arch Enemy sounds pretty good

Hope the new album will be more heavy tho, not sure I like the soft whispery part around 3:35

Yea its a bit boring, some parts were good, they went a bit to pot after Chris Amott and Angela left, bit like how In Flames went crap when Jesper left.

I like the 2000- era stuff

New 'Make Them Suffer' is pretty killer.

And new Dyscarnate... british metal!

Last edited:
Soldato
On the subject of Arch Enemy, an interesting thing I learnt the other day!

The lead singers from Arch Enemy (Alissa) and Amaranthe (Elize) had to fill in for Annette who was ill, at a Nightwish concert in Denver.

So you have both singers on stage, they don't really know the lyrics very well, and they are singing on stage with the lyrics written on paper. Would have been quite some show to have been at.

Soldato
Started listening to this band again, really like this track
It reminds me of something else but I can't remember what :(

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom