Google Pixel and Pixel XL

Soldato
I haven't noticed any issues with data, but I have noticed a couple of bugs.

Trying to reply to a message in Inbox sometimes refuses to work when trying to click on the text box at the bottom it just disappears.

Spotify sign in screen went mental flashing colours.

Soldato
I haven't noticed any issues with data, but I have noticed a couple of bugs.

Trying to reply to a message in Inbox sometimes refuses to work when trying to click on the text box at the bottom it just disappears.

Spotify sign in screen went mental flashing colours.
Sounds more like a problem with those specific apps rather than with Oreo itself.

Soldato
Thanking my lucky stars...

Just dropped the Pixel face down onto tiles in my bathroom from around hip height and it hasn't got a scratch on it. Not sure how I got away with that one!

Soldato
Thanking my lucky stars...

Just dropped the Pixel face down onto tiles in my bathroom from around hip height and it hasn't got a scratch on it. Not sure how I got away with that one!
Spoke too soon :(

Hairline cracks top left and down the right side. Not even noticable when using the phone but very annoying none the less. First drop and it just so happened to be on a solid floor when I didn't have my glasses on haha. Will probably leave it for a while as it'll cost me £100 to sort it I expect.

Anyone else replaced theirs and if so what was the cost?

Soldato
I just pulled the trigger on a Pixel XL as I think the new one will be way too expensive, AND this deal was the best I have seen, ok its CPW but I paid £389 for new albeit 32gb handset when I took out a 12 month SIM only £17 per month 8gb 4g unlimited calls and texts , Vodafone mind so bit of a risk given their reputation. All in all a very good deal, just thought I'd share if anyone is considering one, pretty sure this wont last long and haven't seen this particular deal and methodology touted on HUKD etc.

https://www.carphonewarehouse.com/google/pixel-xl.html#!colour=black&capacity=32GB&dealType=sf

Soldato
yeah thats a great deal - tempted to pick that up for my OH as her note3 is very much on its last legs. cheers for sharing!

Soldato
I got my notification to update over the weekend but I was away and only got home to update via WIFI last night and now all of a sudden my bluetooth audio doesn't work in the car. My other bluetooth devices (headphones and speaker) are fine. But I got into the car this morning on the way to work and it started up fine for about a minute then just nothing only static/crackling noise. Tried a couple of reboots of both my Pixel and the car stereo but to no avail. I have read reports of random bluetooth issues but has anyone here experienced them?

Soldato
I just got a replacement XL from Google as mine was never the same after a river drop :)

However updated on day 1 to Oreo and getting terrible battery. Not sure if it's the new unit which I presume is a refurbished one or is the Oreo.

Soldato
I just got a replacement XL from Google as mine was never the same after a river drop :)

However updated on day 1 to Oreo and getting terrible battery. Not sure if it's the new unit which I presume is a refurbished one or is the Oreo.
I had bad battery life at first too. It's sorted itself out now though. Give it a week or so.

Soldato
The first few days with an Android phone always seems to hit the battery hard for whatever reason, bit weird but it does seem to sort itself out after a few days. I've just got a replacement Pixel and have noticed the same thing.

Soldato
I recently got a pixel with oreo 128GB on a great deal but im experiencing some sort of epic keyboard lag issue in whatsapp and messenger. If I open the app and try to bring up the keyboard it can take upwards of 3 to 5 seconds and several taps. Does anyone else have this or is mine faulty? it seems to only be those apps.

Don
Has anybody found that since the update to oreo they're getting the occasional, random notification noise when turning the screen on or opening/closing apps?

Permabanned
Has anybody found that since the update to oreo they're getting the occasional, random notification noise when turning the screen on or opening/closing apps?

Updated today for Android 8.0.0 September Security Patch and so far have not noticed any unusual activity of the type you are mentioning.

Back
Top Bottom