Greenlizard0 Weekend Football Thread ** spoilers ** [8th - 12th September 2017]

Soldato
I'm not overly fussed about which is more dangerous. If you're strictly following the letter of the law regarding endangering the opponent then both the attacker and keeper are risking getting sent off in that situation. At the speed both are travelling, if they don't win the ball and end up smashing into the other, they're risking injuring them.

As a supporter, whether of the defensive or attacking side, you're not going to be happy if your player pulls out of that challenge. Mane has to go for the ball because he has a goal on a plate for him if he gets there and equally Ederson has to go for it to stop Mane having a one on one.

I'd be surprised. We've seen plenty of examples of the attacking player clattering into the keeper like Mane did without being sent off let alone defenders doing it.

Edit: misread it.

Associate
Its irrelevant to the decision, its not irrelevant to me laughing at the shocking state of their commentary this match

Here Jon Champion and Jim (I hate everything to do with Liverpool in everyday since I stopped playing) Beglin started with - oo very nasty has to be a red, no doubts about that.
Before play resumed - A bit harsh, you can see he was going for the ball, Klopp cant argue though
A couple of minutes after play resumed - You can see he didnt mean it, eyes on the ball, just unfortunate

And then to top it off (and the best) in the second half - wouldnt have even been a card in my day

:)

Caporegime
Clattenburg's said it wasn't a red by the letter of the law although he allowed De Jong to try and split Alonso in half and probably jerks off to Mortal Kombat fatalities.

Before he moved away to wherever he is now he lived in my town, used to drink in the local every now and again, spoke to him on the night after he reffed the West Ham - Liverpool game last season and he's a very weird bloke, referring to himself in 3rd person and such, very full of himself.

Caporegime
Yeah, came across as a ref that liked to be the centre of attention. Should've cloned Collina.

Surprised so many people saying it wasn't a red. He's out of control, boot high and ends up kicking the goalie in the face. If that's not red, what is these days?
Pep isn't even sure it was a red because Mane wasn't looking at him.

Soldato
So de bryune and Pep both doubt its a red, on the replays after wards you can see why it was given as would be classed as wreck less and danger but it's also clear as day mane had no intent to injury him

Soldato
lol at the initial outcry from Liverpool fans lambasting the ref for giving a red in contrast to the stark realisation that it was probably one of the most obvious red cards you will ever see.

Ah well, Spurs winning, Arsenal winning, Chelsea winning, City...won. Looks to be a good weekend for the scouse.

Back
Top Bottom