The ASRock thread [support/feedback/etc]

Associate
Been really busy with work so I left it till this weekend to try and sort the bios and get my ram running properly...

Flashed to the latest 3.2 bios for my X370 Killer and when it booted it just sat on the open screen with the Asrock logo in the centre and would not boot, enter bios or anything...

Eventually after resetting numerous times it allowed me to enter the boot list, selected the main drive and it loaded and has not done the above since which is very wierd!

Now, i've tried messing around with my ram settings and it will sometimes boot into windows, sometimes not but even if it does boot it's unstable and crashes randomly.

Should I try an earlier bios version?

Man of Honour
@AsrockMB

I have an x399 Taichi and have a question on the bios. I am trying to make the settings in the below image stick, I want to run the sata devices as device ID 0x7904 as shown in the image below:

However if I set this option in the bios every time I save and exit the options (no matter what i set in this screen) return to auto on a reboot. My sata controllers also never take the 7904 ID. Any chance you can help me out?

Edit: Thought I would just update this as the reason for trying this option is an issue I was having trying to install ESXi on the Taichi, I have bought another board to test and it seems to work fine on that with all the same controllers as the Taichi. I am stumped but have kept the Taichi in the hope that I can one day get it working as I do love the board. You can read all about the issues I was having in this thread:

https://forums.overclockers.co.uk/threads/home-lab-threadripper-build-thread.18789497/

Its quite a long thread but put simply the Taichi seems to crash the installer when trying to install drivers for or access AHCI, I would be massively grateful if you could have a look as I would much rather run the Taichi than the Prime I am running now. Seems a shame to have a much better board sitting there in a box :(

Last edited:
Soldato
Anyone know what the deal is with the asrock pro4 not supporting 1300x chip?

Not sure what you mean but most AM4 boards came out prior to the 1300X and others, and if unlucky enough to land one of the early ones and not a more up to date board with a newer BIOS, it won't support it until you update the BIOS with a CPU that is supported, like Ryzen 7. You can send back to retailer for them to do it as well. Like I said though, not sure if you mean something else.

Associate
Not sure what you mean but most AM4 boards came out prior to the 1300X and others, and if unlucky enough to land one of the early ones and not a more up to date board with a newer BIOS, it won't support it until you update the BIOS with a CPU that is supported, like Ryzen 7. You can send back to retailer for them to do it as well. Like I said though, not sure if you mean something else.

No it's not that. It's not on the motherboard CPU support list and p picker states incompatibility too.

http://www.asrock.com/mb/AMD/AB350 Pro4/#CPU

Associate
i have the X370 taichi .

Just wondering if theres any other users on here that control the fans using the settings in bios or use the app or use speedfan or similar ?

I only have 2 exhaust fans and 2 intakes on the front facing AIO radiator all connected by PWM .

just wondered what the safest option is to go with ?

Associate
Speaking of fans, I’m having some trouble with mine! Taichi x370. Was messing with the fan curves in bios yesterday, all headers being used, all adjusting up and down nicely, settled on something where all fans down at 800 rpm, but spinning up to 1000 when required. All fans 3 pin 140mm. Sweet. Until this evening, switched on, cpu opt and chassis fan 1 both spinning at full rpm (1200) and no amount of changing settings or temps has any affect! Really weird, anyone have any ideas or come across this before?

Soldato
Just bought an X370 Taichi, i have a CH6 as well, going to decide which is the better of the two motherboards and stick with it, aesthetically i prefer the look of the Taichi, plus i like the fact it has Wifi (not that i'll ever use it i think) and it seems to be more solidly built. So will probably end up flogging the CH6.

How are peoples experiences with the X370 Taichi? im going to be running a 1700 on it, has memory been problematic more than the normal ryzen memory issues? ive read a lot of people say there are a few bugs in the bios as well?

HeX

HeX

Soldato
https://videocardz.com/74956/asrock-announces-bios-support-for-amd-desktop-ryzen-2000-series

ASRock is ready for Ryzen 2000. The company has provided BIOS updates for almost full AM4 motherboard lineup. The latest BIOSes support new AGESA code for upcoming Zen+ processors.

Those who decide to purchase Ryzen 2000 CPU and any of already existing ASRock’s Ryzen motherboards will need to go through a more complicated process, which requires not one BIOS update, but two.

Only X370 Taichi and Fatal1ty X370 Professional Gaming have not received Ryzen 2000-supporting BIOSes yet. Those are scheduled for February 9th. After that date, all ASRock’s AM4 motherboards will support Ryzen 2000.

The Bridge BIOS is required to make a smooth transition to Ryzen 2000, that’s only if you happen to buy a 300-series motherboard for your new processor.

Associate
cheers for heads up hex

but after following many threads on asrock support forum ,i think i'll wait a while for this actual bios to mature a bit (the b350 boys have had nightmares with adjusting things like cpu speed and ram) and added to that its launch time headaches again with many many bricked boards

Associate
Just bought an X370 Taichi, i have a CH6 as well, going to decide which is the better of the two motherboards and stick with it, aesthetically i prefer the look of the Taichi, plus i like the fact it has Wifi (not that i'll ever use it i think) and it seems to be more solidly built. So will probably end up flogging the CH6.

How are peoples experiences with the X370 Taichi? im going to be running a 1700 on it, has memory been problematic more than the normal ryzen memory issues? ive read a lot of people say there are a few bugs in the bios as well?

I quite like mine - hit 4.0ghz on a 1700 after a lot of tinkering as it's not very intuitive (or at least not if you're coming from Intel). Memory has been a dream, but I took the hit and went for the 8pack 3200 kit.

Hopefully this means we'll see Zen 2 support next year.

Back
Top Bottom