Destiny 2

Associate
Saw this on Reddit

giphy.gif

Associate
Well I just failed hard at the Nightfall. That weapon swapping is super annoying.

I found it made the NF quite interesting, but it needs a good group and communication. Certainly a lot more fun than equipping your highest weapon of a specific burn and camping a spot until all enemies are done.

And a big thank you to Greboth for running a colleague and myself through last night on what must have been his dozenth NF by that point :p.

Associate
Well, started a second Titan at 5pm yesterday and levelled it to 20. Did all the powerful engram stuff (except nightfall) and went up 2 power levels. Not slept yet (finished about 5.30am) good job I took some time off work.

Underwhelmed with the power jump from a second character is an understatement :D. Might be good for the reset but the luminous engrams/powerful gear dropped at 265 on my second character, I thought they went higher or is it one set per account?

Still got the Mida, Sturm and Rat King (just need nightfall part) to get so that's a few PL.

Associate
Well it looks like I'm not going to be raid ready for Wednesday :(

Currently sat at 222, and don't think I have enough time to hit the recommended 260-280.

Associate
Just a heads up for anyone wanting to play late afternoon/early evening, it looks like servers will be down 3pm-7pm for maintainence.

Soldato
Is the drang exotic quest worth it ? I mean. I'm jumping through hoops here for a weapon I might not even like :s

I managed to get Sturm late last night. I haven't given it a proper go but combined with Drang it should be amazing at clearing adds. Whenever you kill with Sturm it instantly reloads Drang and whenever you kill with Drang it reloads Sturm + increases crit damage. Also, every kill after the first kill with Drang adds an extra bullet to the mag of Sturm, up to a max of 20.

Soldato
Are there major advantages for larger clans in terms of XP etc? If so someone invite me to the OCUK clan.

I was gonna leave buying this until next year but ended up falling for it again after destiny 1. So far so good!

Soldato
I managed to get Sturm late last night. I haven't given it a proper go but combined with Drang it should be amazing at clearing adds. Whenever you kill with Sturm it instantly reloads Drang and whenever you kill with Drang it reloads Sturm + increases crit damage. Also, every kill after the first kill with Drang adds an extra bullet to the mag of Sturm, up to a max of 20.

Thanks ! So they're both pistols... hmm. They both legendary ? Or is the one I'm working towards exotic ?

I mean killing the higher health fallen with the pistol isn't easy. :p

Edit. Might try a nightfall later if anyone is up for it. I'm light level 246. Which might not be high enough though ..

Last edited:
Soldato
Am I correct in assuming that once you hit the 265 soft cap then pretty much 3/4 of content becomes obsolete as rare and legendaries will only drop 5 or so power levels below you? Aka nopoint farming rep, PvP, Adventures etc as they don't give you exotics or "powerful gear?!

Soldato
Thanks ! So they're both pistols... hmm. They both legendary ? Or is the one I'm working towards exotic ?

I mean killing the higher health fallen with the pistol isn't easy. :p

Edit. Might try a nightfall later if anyone is up for it. I'm light level 246. Which might not be high enough though ..

Sturm is an exotic hand cannon, Drang is a legendary sidearm (but feels like a hand cannon to be honest).

Add me on PSN if you to group up for NF - details in my sig.

Soldato
Finally! Mr Postman arrived :D However I need to go out.. I'm also gonna have to grab PS Plus, Can I top it up on a gift card as opposed to using my card details?

OK back. Gonna get stuck in after the update. I feel like a kid in a sweetshop again.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom