*** 'Let's Meet At Our Place' Event : 12th September 2017 ***

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
Yep, my bad. They should have stock of the 4K Apple TV's and new Studio Beats and so I'll get my fix of Apple gear regardless. I can wait until the X becomes easier to get as £250 saving is not insignificant.

Don't forget you have to declare goods over the value of £400 when coming back in to the UK and pay duty and Tax on them.

Soldato
Dropping the Touch ID is a mistake. Forcing people to unlock a phone that doesn't feel that natural.

I barely use the iris scanner on the Samsung S8 and its very quick and works 99% of the time. But the fact that you have to point it in your face feels like so much more work. Having Touch ID you unlock it without having to think about unlocking.

Soldato
Have had android since i can remember but earlier this year one of my employees left and i took a plunge and stuck my sim into his iphone 6 company phone. Mainly for camera use, it always took better pics than my sony z5compact.

Anyhow were due upgrades this month, Will this iphone 8 (4.7) be loads better than the iphone 6?

Soldato
So from all that (correct me if wrong) The 8 is the X inside a 7 body? So X camera, cpu..gpu but with wireless charging over a 7? Under screen finger print scanner wold of made this far easier :(

Caporegime
Have had android since i can remember but earlier this year one of my employees left and i took a plunge and stuck my sim into his iphone 6 company phone. Mainly for camera use, it always took better pics than my sony z5compact.

Anyhow were due upgrades this month, Will this iphone 8 (4.7) be loads better than the iphone 6?

Faster, better camera but basically the exact same experience.

Soldato
I'm mostly annoyed by the price shift and only offering 64GB/256GB. I'm running a 64GB 6S now, and the 8 would have been the ideal next phone if it had 128GB. But now I'd have to to pay £849 for it in 256GB for futureproofing, which is a bit ouch.

Caporegime
The iPhone won't stutter unlike the Samsung

It's laggy!

In fact the only non laggy non iPhone phone I've used was the pixel but that's full of bugs

The S7 is in no way laggy. Maybe it is if your trying to justify spending £1000 on a phone that the main new 'feature' doesn't even work, then yeah fair enough.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom