• Space Grey 256GB

Votes: 98 18.4%
  • I want one but it's too expensive

Votes: 125 23.5%
  • I'm not interested

Votes: 190 35.7%

• Total voters
Soldato
The front panel is black on both colours, so why would they do that? They perhaps should limit the screen size when playing video etc though.

Ah yeah for some reason I thought the white one was white. Maybe give the option to have the sides black to give a uniformed look. Perhaps you get used to it.

Soldato
It's like some people just want there to be a problem in order to be able to knock Apple.

Possibly a combo of Tall Poppy Syndrome and them constantly overstating their "magical" devices when they're often just playing catch up and then only going part way there. In many ways they make their own bed and I personally think that they've lost their way a bit. It feels a bit like they're doing things just to be seen to be doing something different. Once upon a time that worked for them (OSX being a good example of this) but now there conflating different with UX and personally I'm not sure it's holding up (ala sticking with lightening and getting rid of headphone socket's).

Associate
For over a thousand pictures of her Maj i would expect the thing to be able to withstand a direct nuclear detonation, let alone a bit of a visit to the bottom of the toilet for a few seconds.

Soldato
Wait, i missed the some of it. The iPhone X IS NOT waterproof? Yet I'm assuming the 8 is?

I'm not impressed as I am, especially with that price point. If the monthly cost isn't too much different from current handset I might upgrade but £999 for 64gb... C'mon son

Soldato
I think I'll wait 12 months for the phone Apple tried but failed to launch this time around, with Touch ID under the screen. Happy to stick with my 7+ - pointless upgrading to the 8+ just to add wireless charging.

Associate
There was rumours that the S9 at least will stick with a traditional fingerprint next year

Though we're still a bit away from the S9, but Samsung definitely arent in a rush to do it especially as Apple didn't incorporate it.

Maybe not the s9 but later 2018 flagships should have it,qualcomm's ultrasonic fingerprint technology is much more interesting and practical than Face ID or it's equivalents.

Soldato
For example, one thing I do right now is post photos on my instagram account, because the way Instagram works, you can only upload from a mobile device, I drag an drop my photo into iPhoto, which automatically appears in my Photo in the phone instantly. Then I upload to Instagram.

Why on earth do you do that? Just use a desktop app for instagram, I use instapic, export from light room, direct upload to instagram, copy pasta the hash tags from my hash tag file, takes literally 2 button clicks, and a paste command, super easy off a desktop, sending a pic from the desktop, to the phone, only to then have to manually upload it..... Pfff I thought Apple was meant to be easier ;)

Soldato
That was actually relatively true last time as it was only the UK that had that much of a price rise. This time it appears to have affected both the UK and Canada to the same amount, so less "rip of Britain", more "rip of everywhere outside the US".

Didn't know about the Canada thing...considering the phone includes all necessary LTE bands in the States if you are travelling to the USA and want one it's the best place to buy one.

Associate
Looks like I'll give this a pass and just buy a new battery for my 6S, it still feels great. There's no chance that I'm going to keep something loose in my pocket that is more expensive than my desktop.

Soldato
Didn't know about the Canada thing...considering the phone includes all necessary LTE bands in the States if you are travelling to the USA and want one it's the best place to buy one.

There's no difference in LTE band support between the different models of iPhone 8, 8+ and X.

For each model, there's a North America and China version that supports the various CDMA based technologies and a Rest of World version that doesn't.

Soldato
The benchmarks are in and it blows the Android competition out of the water:

lWArGs8l.jpg

On par with a MacBook Pro and twice as fast as the Samsung S8.

Soldato
After some deliberation, i'm sticking with my ageing iPhone 6 as I cannot comprehend spending £700 on the 8 let alone £1K for the X. Might even wait to see what Microsoft do with the surface phone.

Back
Top Bottom