Core parts for a Ryzen build

Associate
OP
Currently looking at:

My basket at Overclockers UK:

I stuck with the power supply as I want something modular and nothing cheaper jumped out at me until the £60-70 price bracket. For that I feel I might as was well pay the extra as I will keep this for sometime.

Still considering the GC. 1080 still looking best, but I may go for something cheap or consider a Vega depending on market prices over the next week or two.

Last edited:
Soldato
Seems like a solid base build, add the frills later. :)

Like I said, 1080's seem to come on offer quite often, and there's usually one floating around for £450, much better value than a £398 1070.

Associate
OP
Yer I'm sold on ditching the 1070. As much as anything as my last card (now sold) was a 390x and I want a bigger jump in performance. I will keep an eye out for deals these coming weeks.

The only questions are: 1) do I consider a Vega 64 over the 1080 possibly waiting for new non-reference Vega, 2) Do I pick up something cheap and hold out until Christmas. The latter is unlikely as I feel Santa may come early this year!

Associate
OP
Ordered the parts above. I will be travelling for a week and didn't want to come back to higher prices. If I come back and something better is around I will change.

I'm looking forward to playing Prey!

Associate
I bought the Ryzen 7 1700 bundle a couple of weeks back. The memory is running fine at 3200MHz without messing with timings. I really like the ASROCK board.

Back
Top Bottom