Confrontation Yes/No?

Man of Honour
As you get older, you tend not to let things get to you so much. Complete opposite to when I was younger.

For example, Just this lunchtime, had a woman shoulder barge me in a sandwich shop on the front Counter.. Actually pushed me aside..

"Please go ahead .. you must be more important than me and everyone else around you.. "

She just replied, "oh thank you".

Which just goes to prove it's just ignorance. I'm happy for people to act that way if that's the way they want the world to see them.. They aren't worth the higher BP.

Soldato
I'm one of those people that will stand up for my self when needed and will stand up for myself if my family is in danger, however I do have a habbit of avoiding verbal confrontation and that I find annoying. I'll go over the event in my head " I should've said this or that " etc.

Here's an example, today I was walking through the shops in an ok mood, I walked out of a charity shop and this bloke walks past me, looks at me, didn't bump into me or was in each others way and as he walked through the doors behind me said " Watch where your going ". There was nobody else behind me so clearly it was aimed at me.

In my head I just said to myself Just leave it, Don't rise to it. But what would you have done in this situation?

1) Felt it was not worth the agro
2) Faced him and said a few words back?
3) Hit him

you did the right thing. just stay out of carp like this and life will be a lot easier.

Dup

Dup

Soldato
My favourite is "OH NO! I'M INVISIBLE AGAIN!" when someone pushes in front of me at a shelf in a shop and then proceeds to fanny about like you don't exist.

Soldato
My favourite is "OH NO! I'M INVISIBLE AGAIN!" when someone pushes in front of me at a shelf in a shop and then proceeds to fanny about like you don't exist.
Heh, I like the "Gosh what am I going to do with my new powers of invisibility!" :p

Soldato
In my head I just said to myself Just leave it, Don't rise to it. But what would you have done in this situation?

Do the British thing! Queiy tut then walk away!

When I was younger confrontation wasn't something that bothered me. Now though I'd just go for the option that gives me the easiest life.

Associate
I'm one of those people that will stand up for my self when needed and will stand up for myself if my family is in danger, however I do have a habbit of avoiding verbal confrontation and that I find annoying. I'll go over the event in my head " I should've said this or that " etc.

Here's an example, today I was walking through the shops in an ok mood, I walked out of a charity shop and this bloke walks past me, looks at me, didn't bump into me or was in each others way and as he walked through the doors behind me said " Watch where your going ". There was nobody else behind me so clearly it was aimed at me.

1) Felt it was not worth the agro
2) Faced him and said a few words back?
3) Hit him

Not worth the effort.
Plenty of mental cases and wannabe gangsters around. Typically you would just have an exchange of words and then walk away being annoyed and ruining your day.
Even a bump is never worth it.
He may have just been having a bad day and said it without really thinking.

Like you say only time you should be aggressive is in personal/family defence.

You were mindful and smart in my opinion.

Soldato
Soldato
In my younger days I would have definitely responded to the idiot but as I was built like a brick outhouse at the time it probably would not have happened though in Scotland there does seem to be a lot of smaller guys who like small bogs feel the need to be mouthy even with bigger dogs.

Soldato
Dragging up an old thread and I've not read through it all... but does OP ever say if he was actually looking where he was going? People are stating the guy making the comment was a dick, but what if OP was (as many people do) wondering round with no awareness of others about them, is the commenting guy still a dick? Or is OP the dick? (Apologies if this is covered and I skipped it)

Caporegime
I'm pretty confrontational. Popped to Tesco after a rugby game last week to grab some food for dinner and as I walked past the cheese counter some slob shoves his entire hand in to a sample dish and grabs a handful. I couldn't help but say something. Pointed out to him that the cocktail sticks were there for a reason and that he was a dirty, disgusting piece of crap for shoving his entire mitt in. He just stood there completely blank faced. He'd obviously thought nobody had seen him and that it was therefore ok. Utter pig.

Caporegime
I'm pretty confrontational. Popped to Tesco after a rugby game last week to grab some food for dinner and as I walked past the cheese counter some slob shoves his entire hand in to a sample dish and grabs a handful. I couldn't help but say something. Pointed out to him that the cocktail sticks were there for a reason and that he was a dirty, disgusting piece of crap for shoving his entire mitt in. He just stood there completely blank faced. He'd obviously thought nobody had seen him and that it was therefore ok. Utter pig.

Just as bad to be honest if you resorted to insulting him, there's a correct way to go about that scenario and you just seem to have let out some pent up aggression on him.

Back
Top Bottom