What's the stupidest way you've lost money?

Associate
I lent a friend money to get a new monitor when he was having money troubles (ex wife, child support and fighting to get his disability payments on top of that).

Years later, he eventually won the court case and was back paid his disability money to silly amounts, I think it was $35,000 or something similar.

Never did get my $150 back!

Still friends even tho hes now poor again. :p

Soldato
Back in about year 1999 I got a loan of £4,500 for a car and about 1 month later the girl I was seeing wrote it off (of cause she was only covered by third party insurance) so I lost the lot..

Of cause I still had to carry on paying the loan for next 3 years :mad::mad::mad:

Soldato
OP
Back in about year 1999 I got a loan of £4,500 for a car and about 1 month later the girl I was seeing wrote it off (of cause she was only covered by third party insurance) so I lost the lot..

Of cause I still had to carry on paying the loan for next 3 years :mad::mad::mad:

Seeing the money leave the account each month would kill me, it's just a constant reminder, isn't it?

Soldato
I very nearly fell for the old "I've just delivered a bunch of speakers and have a couple left over" trick where they show you a set of decent speakers from the back of a van and then give you a sealed box full of nothing but wood. I got all the way to the cash machine before something just felt off about it. Ah youth...

Back
Top Bottom