Outdoor playhouse

Associate
I've not seen this one in the flesh, but when I started looking about the Toys R Us ones I looked at didn't seem brilliant build quality. I went for a BillyOh in the end and it was good, slightly better build quality I think than the ones I looked at.

They do one very similar to the one you've linked to: https://billyoh.com/the-billyoh-mad-dash-400-lollipop-tower-playhouse

It's £100 cheaper and you (pay extra) change the slide colour. They also do a bigger and smaller size. https://billyoh.com/kids-playhouses

Soldato
OP
That sort of thing is exactly what i was looking for, do you know what them mean by 'trim'. One of our neighbours can be a bit funny about things so my plan was to have it facing away from her house. What sort of planning restrictions are there, stuff like not too close to buildings and fences?

Soldato
That sort of thing is exactly what i was looking for, do you know what them mean by 'trim'. One of our neighbours can be a bit funny about things so my plan was to have it facing away from her house. What sort of planning restrictions are there, stuff like not too close to buildings and fences?

I am not sure in terms of what you need as never built or had a play house :( but I would imagine they differ around the country. I am just going on news articles etc people building these structures for their kids, then someone complains and it has to be pulled down etc.

Best bet would be to put a call into your local planning office and ask the question, get it in writing, so at least your covered in the future if anyone has issues.

Kimbie

Man of Honour
Source

https://www.summergardenbuildings.co.uk/faq-playhouses.html

The majority of playhouses do not require planning permission. However, permission is required for any building which covers over half the garden, which is not for domestic use or which is over 3 metres high with a pent roof or 4 metres high with an apex roof. Larger playhouses which are within 2 metres of a boundary and over 2.5m high (8'2") require planning permission. Some two storey playhouses may be over 2.5m high. Planning permission may also be required for any playhouse which is nearer to a public highway than the original dwelling. For planning purposes a public highway includes any road or footpath with a public right of way. If you live in a Conservation Area or a Listed Building permission may be required for any garden building over 10 cubic metres. This brief summary is not intended to be a comprehensive guide. Contact us for further advice or contact your local planning department. Please note that planning regulations apply to any building whether temporary or permanent including childrens playhouses.

Soldato
Get a local carpenter to build you one, make sure it's under 2.4m tall if its near the boundary.

It'll cost a similar amount but will be a lot better build quality wise and within regs

Back
Top Bottom