Quote Me Happy, thoughts?

Associate
It's renewal time, and since getting hit by a white-van-man who's turned the claim into a super long, now legal battle I had to make a claim myself to get my car fixed, giving me a claim in my first year of driving for the tune of a couple grand.

As a result admiral and your general slew of insurers won't even give me a quote now. I was told to expect my renewal to 'pretty unpalatable' so I'm kinda left with these 2nd tier companies, or paying thru the nose to go back with a reputable company.

However of these companies, quote me happy are the cheapest... by a lot! like 400+ difference. Does anyone have any experience of them as their reviews on TrustPilot are pretty obscure!

https://uk.trustpilot.com/review/quotemehappy.com

Associate
Generally they are cheap, and you can make changes to everything on their website and any change in cost is automatically price adjusted and charged/refunded. However, unless you need to claim you can't call them. Not had to make a claim as of yet. Used for 3 years.

Associate
I actually moved to them after having been with Bell / Admiral for probably 8ish years prior. My reason for moving was purely because Admiral just couldnt get a competitive price when I changed from my MX-5 to my Octavia (Bell wanted something like another £400 for my remaining 11 months despite having already paid £400 for the full year on the MX-5, where as Quotemehappy was £500 outright for the full year and of course I got a £320ish refund from Bell, essentially meaning it cost me an extra £180 by changing cars and moving providors rather than an extra £400 to stick with them).

Unfortunately that's really as much as I can say about them. Ultimately they have given me a certificate that proves I'm insured to drive and that's really the sum total of what I've had from them. I did actually make a claim with Bell a few years ago and could talk about how that went, but as of yet I've not actually had to test what Quotemehappy offer. I can say that the price was good, the experience painless, and their mobile app seems rather handy though.

Soldato
I was considering using them, but then saw they are underwritten by Aviva, so I did a quite directly with Aviva on their website and if came out even cheaper than quote me happy. Needless to say I went with Aviva.

Associate
Just looked for a quote on a TTS roadster and they were the cheapest by miles. Never dealt with them though so can't help on that, sorry.

Soldato
I've heard nothing but bad things about quote me happy. The fact they don't have a phone number is enough for me to avoid them. Imagine having a bad accident or selling your car and buying a new one and emailing them waiting days for a reply.
Also how did the claim end up being a fault accident if it wasn't your fault?

Associate
OP
I've heard nothing but bad things about quote me happy. The fact they don't have a phone number is enough for me to avoid them. Imagine having a bad accident or selling your car and buying a new one and emailing them waiting days for a reply.

AFAIK you aren't permitted to record a collision as non-fault whilst it is being disputed. As I wanted my car repaired before the end of time (when this debacle will likely be over) I have to record this as 'at fault'; whilst not an admission of fault its the only way to record it on the system, same as if you got done in a hit and run. :(

Soldato
Call us if you need to claim
Need to claim? That's different. When you've had an accident you want help from a person who understands, as soon as it happens - day or night. We offer a 24/7 dedicated Claims Line.

They were cheapest for me last year and when my renewal came through it had even gone down. First time ever I didn't move insurers, their Tehran was the cheapest around.

Soldato
They were cheapest for me, changes and are administered for free if you have electronic docs, as are duplicate docs.

It's an online only policy so the cheap price is due to having no phone support etc to pay for.

Aviva underwrite them, they're a big firm but as with any insurer a claim is probably a complete ballache.

Soldato
£200 difference in price between my parents address and where I'm living now. What the hell.

Both postcodes are in the low-risk B category.

Associate

This isn't how it works at all? You can do the vast majority of changes automatically on the website / app without having to send any kind of message. (Thing like modifications are just tick boxes with an instant price change and the option to proceed). If you do have a claim there is a number you can ring just with any insurance company. The only difference is they only deal with claims, you can't ask them to modify your policy.

Associate
I was considering using them, but then saw they are underwritten by Aviva, so I did a quite directly with Aviva on their website and if came out even cheaper than quote me happy. Needless to say I went with Aviva.
I did the same thing when I got insurance a month ago. I was unsure at the name I didnt recognise but luckily enough Aviva were cheaper so I didnt worry myself.

Back
Top Bottom