Shower and combi advice

Soldato
Hi. Moved into a house with a digital mixer shower. This pumped water from a tank to the shower.
I have since upgraded and now have a combi.
The digital pump is still there but I'm presuming I don't need this as the shower will be mains fed?
Any ideas?

Soldato
Correct, you can't have a pumped shower with a combi boiler.

On some digital mixer showers you can swap the mixer unit for a non-pumped version, otherwise you'll have to change it.

Soldato
OP
Thanks GeForce. Would I be best changing this asap as I am guessing the extra pressure is no good for the shower or pipes?

Soldato
I believe it is illegal to pump a mains circuit, so it should be removed ASAP. I'm surprised the boiler installer did not remove it and fit a normal mixer instead.

I'm not sure what the consequences of using it would be, probably depends on relative pressures. Certainly the pumped mixer won't be rated for mains pressure so it could leak or break in some other way. The pipes themselves should be fine (they'll be at mains pressure all the time now, pumped shower or not).

Soldato
OP
They mentioned it but I was away when the boiler was installed and presumed they changed it. Looks like they didn't. Thanks for the information, will get this removed asap in this case.

Soldato
I believe it is illegal to pump a mains circuit, so it should be removed ASAP. I'm surprised the boiler installer did not remove it and fit a normal mixer instead.

I'm not sure what the consequences of using it would be, probably depends on relative pressures. Certainly the pumped mixer won't be rated for mains pressure so it could leak or break in some other way. The pipes themselves should be fine (they'll be at mains pressure all the time now, pumped shower or not).
You can pump mains water up to 12lpm.

Back
Top Bottom