Screwdriver bits...

Soldato
Just hoping you can help me guys...
I'm looking for a magnetic #000 screwdriver bit that is extremely hard wearing. Preferably JIS also, but Phillips will work. Also seeking a 0.8 Pentalobe bit.

I have a decent handle for these to attach into, but my bits are getting mangled rather fast when I'm stripping and rebuilding 30+ iPhone motherboards a day...

Anyone know where I can get them from?

Soldato
We absolutely abused some Halfords Professional precision drivers in my old job (Apple PSP service centre), when the 00 philips finally gave up we got some Wera Kraftform ones which I didn't like as much but were still very hard wearing. Weirdly enough I have full size Wera screwdrivers now for my car and they're crap! The precision ones were good though. We got the Wera precision drivers because Halfords Professional don't actually make precision drivers any more :(

I will try and remember to ask our buyer who supplies our screwdriver bits at my current work (we use JIS bits), they're not 000 size but 0 I think but they're very hard wearing and they're replaceable. The small JIS bits we use go into a clamp style handle rather than hex (well we have hex ones as well but the main ones we use are clamp in, and are JIS at one end and flat at the other). We abuse these also and they last an impressively long time. I'll let you know if I remember to find out supplier but there's a chance it might be some weird Japanese company as we are a Japanese company and import quite a lot of our stuff.

Edit: I'm really trying to remember what make our Pentalobe driver was and I can't :( It was ridiculous tough, I think I went through two bits in the time I was there, and I was there several years!

Last edited:
Soldato
Wiha all the way! Wouldn't buy anything else now, although I've not actually managed to wear out any of my Wiha drivers yet. Wiha do the PicoFinish in pentalobe and Y000 as well which is handy.

Caporegime
not 100% related but I need some run spanners for the bike is it worth buying the halfords ratcheting/angle ratchet spanners or you think just solid metal ones.

anyone with the halfords ones what's the ratchet angle like? ie how kuch free play in the mechanism is there.

hate it when you have ratchets but the few space is less than the ratchet angle so you csnt do akything

Back
Top Bottom