Number of drinks needed to give you a hangover?

Soldato
I've never drank enough to get a hangover.
I have drank enough to get a spinning bedroom and also to be sick.

From my experience of observing other people who get a hangover where you look like a Zombie the following day, you must have drunk so much you couldn't remember what you did.

Lol no

GT3

GT3

Soldato
I never really get the hangovers that most people get like bad headaches and feeling sick etc, but it left me unmotivated and a bit miserable for a couple of days afterwards. For this reason I've completely given up drinking as of 3 months ago and am much happier as a result :) Kind of miss the social aspect of it, but finding other things to do with my spare time instead!

Soldato
Beer gives me an absolute killer of a hangover, even after just three pints. I can drink a relatively large amount of whisky and be perfectly fine the next day. Weird.

Associate
Haven't been drunk in about 4 years, drink mainly to enjoy nowaday, my hangovers were getting to the stage of 3/4 days feeling horrible, so had to stop

Soldato
Depends on the drink.

Don't drink poppsy McLagers as it's all the same p*** just from a different Inbev branded vat, so I've no idea how much of that would give me a hangover.

I can drink probably 4 or 5 strong Belgian ales without too many after effects the following day. Wine if it has additives, usually most supermarket stuff, will give me a headache the next day after as little as two glasses, a bottle of quality wine will have little or no hangover.

Don't touch cider.

Spirits are deadly for me, I can drink quite a bit with zero after effect, I generally don't touch them but I usually have a nice single malt knocking around the place for after dinner/evening.

And bizarrely as I've got older I can no longer stomach Guinness, which is a shame as it was my go-to beer if in a typical pub that only has fizzy p*** on tap, but now any more than a pint will give me the s***s the next day and for at leas the first half of the day I need to be within 20 feet of a toilet.

Man of Honour
Of course.
My brother in law can easily put 15 pints of Guinness away and you wouldn't know, he's also thin as a rake and does zero exercise.
if I drank 15 pints I'd be dead twice over.

I get plenty of exercise but I'm pretty lean and can put spirits away like there is no tomorrow - they usually get a bit concerned at work's Christmas party hah. I don't really get drunk in the same way as most people though - I'm mostly fine up until that one drink that puts me over and I'm throwing up and that is it almost like a binary switch - usually I know when I've hit that point and stop.

Stella always sees to make me feel rotten the next day. Probably as it's like rat wee.

Reminds me - stuff like WKD and alcopops of that nature are plain nasty hangover wise as well - not something I'm given to drinking very often.

Last edited:
Soldato
I drink 1 bottle of whatever spirit is on discount in tesco/sainsburys with a mixer suitable. Mild hangover.

On occasion at work i will drink half a bottle of whisky on my break, no hangover.

Used to work on a small building site, we would finish 4-5pm, go to the pub, get totally **** faced, then go back to work 8am, start digging and sweat everything off easy. Old English guys + younger guys from Yugoslavia myself being the latter.

Seems to be old British people can drink good and don't moan, but younger people tend to drink less and moan even more.

Last edited:
Associate
Do not drink enough to get a hangover (rarely have more than one these days) but a single pint of any thatchers products will give me a headache a couple of hours later. When i was younger and used to drink more 6-8 pints probably twice a week never felt any ill effects from it
Think i got to used to it as these days a single pint i can feel making me merry now but in my early twenties would be 4 or 5 for the same feeling so i cut the boozing down

Back
Top Bottom