Man of Honour
2wqu9uc.jpg

Knurled quick adjusters for the brake & clutch

30kwrxd.jpg

Anodised bar ends which looked like this after about 30 minutes :p

Deleted member 651465

D

Deleted member 651465

Rubber looks unused, haven't you ridden it yet? Looks nice btw. :)
Almost 1000 miles on the clock, most of those are motorway miles. Have to take it easy for the first 600 miles too (<5k rpm) which sort of takes the fun out of any blasts.

Working on getting my confidence up in the wet next ;)

Soldato
Almost 1000 miles on the clock, most of those are motorway miles. Have to take it easy for the first 600 miles too (<5k rpm) which sort of takes the fun out of any blasts.

Working on getting my confidence up in the wet next ;)

Don't worry about that, we won't be short of rain soon :p It's ice you need to watch out for, deadly stuff. :(

I also had the first ride since putting the stock exhaust back on after selling the Akra, so much more manageable, my ears didn't hurt after 20 minutes, should be exactly what i want when i fit the new exhaust with a baffle.

Associate
Finally grew a pair and attempted to get up a small rock, used a kicker first to make it look nicer and get some practice pulling the front up.

Once I'd done it a few times I removed the kicker and gave it a go.

Screenshot_2017-09-18-16-34-50.png

Took a vid and went around a few times and I think my technique is right.
I'm a little early lifting the front though so it clears the rock rather than bouncing off the top edge. This means I don't get that extra height needed for the bash plate to clear every time.

Still, its progress and will give me the confidence to try some bigger rocks next time.

Associate
That's the weird thing, I'm quite happy to attempt this and worse on the DR350 (I say attempt as I don't always make it up)

20161029_110100_zpssjrcyv0e.jpg

Just something about riding up to a rock on a small trials bike that doesn't quite feel right yet.

Just spent the weekend green laning in Wales and I've noticed an improvement in my riding and confidence since I've bought the trials bike so it does help. Need to get a good few hours on it before the next trip and see if there's a noticeable improvement again.

Man of Honour
Finally grew a pair and attempted to get up a small rock, used a kicker first to make it look nicer and get some practice pulling the front up.

Once I'd done it a few times I removed the kicker and gave it a go.

Screenshot_2017-09-18-16-34-50.png

Took a vid and went around a few times and I think my technique is right.
I'm a little early lifting the front though so it clears the rock rather than bouncing off the top edge. This means I don't get that extra height needed for the bash plate to clear every time.

Still, its progress and will give me the confidence to try some bigger rocks next time.
I cant see your image, but it's surprising what a trials bike will just ride straight over with almost no lift. There's a rock at my practice ground that must be a good couple of feet and I can ride directly over it with the slightest bit of throttle input without hitting the bash plate.

Associate
I cant see your image, but it's surprising what a trials bike will just ride straight over with almost no lift. There's a rock at my practice ground that must be a good couple of feet and I can ride directly over it with the slightest bit of throttle input without hitting the bash plate.

From LE9 you must use Earl Shilton as well.
Its the rock at the end of the railway sleepers, probably a couple of inches lower than front wheel height.
I've dropped off it plenty of times but every time I've rode up to it I've bailed out.

I'm working up to attempting some of the concrete pipes, I guess most of it is a mind thing and looking past what you're riding up.

Man of Honour
Ah yeah I know the one - that was the first rock bigger than just a bump that I tried. I use a little knee drop and throttle and just barrel over it - it works but it isn't particularly refined. My throttle control isn't really good enough to double blip over it effectively every time. When I do double blip it successfully it feels awesome!

When/what do you ride? I might well have seen you down there. I have a 2016 Evo Factory on the back of a red Skoda.

Fancy meeting up for a practice one weekend or something?

Associate
Don't think I double blip and certainly don't use the clutch, just use weighting, deweighting and throttle.

The vid isn't particularly interesting but I only filmed it to watch in slow motion.

Don't think I've seen you down there but I go whenever work is quiet so normally afternoon/ evening.
Up for a weekend meet though, think I'm free most weekends now.

Got a 1999 gas gas contact, bit rough but runs nice. Take it down in the works vito.

Back
Top Bottom