'Incident' on Tube - District Line

Man of Honour
How many of the attacks on the UK have been done by people from Iraq or Syria?
How many of the attacks have been influence by people who have come over here from Iraq or Syria, even if not acted out by them? Neither of us will know that but I suspect the number will be more than one.

Permabanned
I still want to know whether it's been confirmed, that the reports he'd been arrested and then set free before the attack, are accurate? It was initially reported by the gutter press and was linked to that trump tweet, but it doesn't seem to have been confirmed?

It was revealed on Monday that he had been referred to Prevent, the government’s de-radicalization program, which aims to turn potential extremists away from terrorism.

The referral was made several months ago through Surrey County Council, which was responsible for placing the orphan with the Jones family, according to the Daily Mail.

Whether he was actually arrested for any offence remains somewhat unclear. Had he remained in Calais all this cost, hurt and speculation would be unnecessary...

Given that this man had been offered a supposed lifeline by the UK and the fostering services, yet ended up being a source of anguish and strife to his foster parents, the cause of several police visits to his home, and the referral to Prevent for fears of terrorist sympathies why the hell was he not shipped out of the UK ages ago to be replaced by someone with a calm demeanour and gratitude in their soul? This migrant fostering lark needs a proper investigation, that couple are far too old to be dealing with dodgy guys like him. No doubt PC will see the carpet lifted and a quick sideways movement of feet occurring.

Last edited:
Soldato
I've read Murray's book (The strange death of Europe) and it's a very uncomfortable read. I found my mind trying to play down his arguments at every opportunity. But I think this is exactly what he is trying to warn us about doing.

We are told in the West that regardless of race or religion we are all basically the same and share the same hopes and dreams. I think this rosy idea can blind us sometimes and the reality, although nowhere as dark as the right would have use believe, needs to come back to the centre a little.

Murray argues that there is an expectation that young men of a low education coming to Europe from the middle east and sub Saharan Africa will somehow overnight become European and fit in. This is naive and as we have seen many European countries now give migrants and refugees information packs and education on how they should conduct themselves especially around women. As much as we don't want to believe it, there are cultural differences that can cause us problems.

Pointing out and discussing how we tackle these cultural differences I'm afraid is the only way to solve it. It's no individual persons fault that they come from a country that conducts it's self in ways we find unsavoury. If you grow up in a certain culture you will carry that culture with you. This is not your fault, but it's also not the responsibility of the innocent people of our culture to have to pay the price for it.

I've heard this tune before and, to be honest, there should be a special place in insane asylums for people who claim the richest, most diverse and developed, with the best social safety net, social mobility and happiness levels, region on the planet is dying because some immigrants come from a different cultural backround and are slow to intergrate.

Soldato
I've heard this tune before and, to be honest, there should be a special place in insane asylums for people who claim the richest, most diverse and developed, with the best social safety net, social mobility and happiness levels, region on the planet is dying because some immigrants come from a different cultural backround and are slow to intergrate.

I don't believe it is the end of Europe by any means but surely the Swedish model shows you the kinds of problems that can be imported? Are you saying that this is a price we must accept and pay to achieve a more integrated world?

Soldato
I don't believe it is the end of Europe by any means but surely the Swedish model shows you the kinds of problems that can be imported? Are you saying that this is a price we must accept and pay to achieve a more integrated world?
When was we asked if we wanted an integrated world, personally I like the world the way it was.

Soldato

What do you mean when you say 'Swedish model'?

Soldato
Seems you are probably right. From The Mirror:

“It was only yesterday when they said the guy had been making bombs in there that I thought: ‘What?’ This is all just crazy.”

Builder Dave Solway, 44, who also lives opposite the elderly couple, told of a row between the 18-year-old suspect and Ron outside the home.

“The lad was out the front shouting and swearing at Ron, telling him he was leaving. I know the couple were at their wits’ end, I think they were told he was a lot younger than he is which is why they agreed to take him in.

“Poor Ron was trying to get the lad to go in the house but he just kept saying he wanted to leave for London."

It seems he was from the Calais Jungle, attempting to enter the UK illegally, when the UK authorities deemed it a good idea to give sanctuary to the "children" there under EU pressure...
Aye, and this explains why it all seems a bit hush hush, they are taking us for a ******* ride, bring back Farage.

Soldato
What do you mean when you say 'Swedish model'?

Until last year when they voted to tighten the rules Sweden have had a very open door policy to refugees and migrants, probably the most open in Europe. As a result crime rates increased particularly sexual assaults and violence. The most heavily populated migrant areas such as Malmo now have an epidemic of hand grenade attacks and shootings which the authorities are struggling to control.

Soldato
Yes, it's called an investigation.

Like having arrested the suspect refusing to say if he was known to security services? Saying it was "too early to say" over 24 hours after the event knowing who they were after? Still trickling information out piece by piece to limit the damage. After all it was this Government that let him in - even after ISIS openly claimed they were using migrant routes to allow attackers in.

It's a solid strategy, most of the public shrug their shoulders and move on these days. People barely seem to remember the attack in Manchester.

Sometimes I wish I was still as naive, in some ways its easier!

Soldato
Like having arrested the suspect refusing to say if he was known to security services? Saying it was "too early to say" over 24 hours after the event knowing who they were after? Still trickling information out piece by piece to limit the damage. After all it was this Government that let him in - even after ISIS openly claimed they were using migrant routes to allow attackers in.

It's a solid strategy, most of the public shrug their shoulders and move on these days. People barely seem to remember the attack in Manchester.

I may be mistaken, but had he not been arrested and then released two weeks before the attack?
The surely he was certainly known.
They don't release the name until they have the associates usually.

Caporegime

Yes, it's called an investigation.

Making certain things public knowledge, makes it just that..... Public knowledge, not UK public knowledge, world wide public knowledge.

Or is that difficult to comprehend as to why certain info isn't being released?

Back
Top Bottom