Weird monitor problem [doesnt turn on first time]

Associate
Hi all,

I have a strange problem with my LG flatron w2261vp (yeh I know its probably ancient). Basically every time I turn the monitor on the red power button comes on for 5 seconds and then turns back off and wont work.

To solve this issue I have to unplug both power and DVI cables from the monitor. Then wait 5 minutes. Plug the power cable back in (at which point it usually stays on and comes up with no video input). Wait another 5 minutes, then plug the DVI cable back in. If im lucky (70% of the time) it stays on, brings up my desktop and works like normal. If not I replay the process until it stays on.

Once on then it seems to work fine....very strange.

Any suggestions or is the monitor on the way out? Is it worth trying HDMI connection?

Soldato
Only time I have seem similar behaviour is with my Swift - turned out to be the power supply - maybe see how much a replacement is? I know that's a long shot, but sounds the same!

Associate
OP
Thanks for the advice, I have been meaning to get a new PSU for awhile .... my pc kept crashing after a few games of PUBG and thought it might be to do with the ancient PSU (Coolermaster Extremepower 650W) - I've heard its pretty junk.

Back
Top Bottom