Moving on from Pixel XL

Soldato
What don't you like about it? It's better than anything else out there (IMHO of course, at least until the new version comes along next month) ...

Soldato
A number of things i'd rather not vent about.

Just curious if anyone has decided to move onto something else.
I can understand you not wanting to go into it, however for us to recommend something that you may prefer, we first need to know what you don't like about your current phone.

Is it the battery/camera/screen or something else?

Associate
OP
I can understand you not wanting to go into it, however for us to recommend something that you may prefer, we first need to know what you don't like about your current phone.

Is it the battery/camera/screen or something else?

Main gripe is the built in apps. Removing all the offending ones and then updating the phone via ota can cause the phone to brick itself.

That's not a situation i want to be in. Looking at the G6 or the N8 atm

Associate
OP
other alternatives at moment imo are S8+ or Note8

S8+ around £600 ish brand new

Not interested in Samsung phones tbh. Last one i had was the original Note.

I've played with a few over the years, S6 and the Note 7, but while the tech is great. The software is severely lacking in some areas, oh and not to mention the lack of a custom rom communtiy.

V_R

V_R

Soldato
Main gripe is the built in apps. Removing all the offending ones and then updating the phone via ota can cause the phone to brick itself.

I don't get that comment. Its a Pixel, its about as bloat free as you'll get! Anything else is going to have even more app that you can't remove.

Associate

Nokia 8's are the big thing at the moment, meant to be a good bit of kit.*

*I've never even touched one.

Associate
OP
I don't get that comment. Its a Pixel, its about as bloat free as you'll get! Anything else is going to have even more app that you can't remove.

It's full of google play stuff that won't stay disabled. Removing it increases the risk of a soft brick. Community development is slow because of the price of the device and a few new features the like the a/b system updates. Buying another device, i can flash a custom rom and then the smallest gapps package.

Nokia 8's are the big thing at the moment, meant to be a good bit of kit.*

*I've never even touched one.

I really want one, might swing by CPW and check it out.

Soldato
Get a Pixel!

I've disabled stuff without a soft brick, or it re-enabling itself, custom ROMs and pico gapps are fine too...

Community stuff is also pretty bleeding edge too.

Guess the "XL" must be different, software-wise :confused:

Back
Top Bottom