Official Marvel Vs. Capcom: Infinite Thread

Soldato
So just started Skullgirls and man I'm bad. The tutorial can be a challenge but I think my biggest issue is the way the buttons are presented. Can be a little confusing knowing which coloured buttons on screen matches the controller buttons.

I played the CPU and on sleepwalk I won easily but then I barely just won on Easy :eek:. I was confused by moves so just ended practicing my blocking and button smashing.

I've not played it with a pad but configure the buttons to suit you best. The best thing about arcade stick layouts is when you can do 3 punch / 3 kicks in two simple rows.

I think this is why Tekken and MK are good with a pad because they only have 2 of each so suit pad setups. The shoulder buttons are very accessible too.

Soldato
So far the game feels fairly good on the pad. Just finished the tutorial missions and man some of them combos was hard to keep track off!

Didn't help that the game kept reverting to show me keyboard controls until I moved or touched the pad. Not sure if that's an issue with the touchpad on DS4 though.

Soldato
Been trying to buy this now for the last couple of hours from cdkeys.com. When I try paying via PayPal the site works fine until I have to click 'Pay Now' and it does nothing. Tried paying via card and it won't even let me enter billing info :confused:

Tried with a different game and same outcome. Any one else having issues with cdkeys.com? Never had problems in the past. Cheapest i've seen else where is £30 :mad:

Soldato
OP
I want to really spam people from across screen and the best I found so far seem to criss and arthor but still playing story mode not sure who I will end up with.

Back on mvc3 my team was wesker,sentinal,nemesis and I could 1 touch kill them.

This game has taken me long time to get used to the new layout still not there yet but seems like hard punch is the go to button for most things. Still only played story mode so haven't got to try out using the stones much anyone got any advice on what ones are good?

Last edited:
Soldato
Spent most of my time trying to get to grips with the missions for Spiderman and Ironman. On the third Spiderman mission, I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong. I don't know if it's some input lag or my timing but I can't seem to get enough time to perform the web sling at the end.

Soldato
OP
Just see this video went up on eventhubs and it seems to cover all the basics that I seemed to be missing, it's well worth a watch.
https://www.eventhubs.com/news/2017...ck-sequences-sajams-basic-mechanics-tutorial/

Spent most of my time trying to get to grips with the missions for Spiderman and Ironman. On the third Spiderman mission, I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong. I don't know if it's some input lag or my timing but I can't seem to get enough time to perform the web sling at the end.

Have you tried canceling into it from the move before instead of waiting for it to finish? I cold have a look at the mission after I finish story mode if you still haven't got it.

Soldato
Just see this video went up on eventhubs and it seems to cover all the basics that I seemed to be missing, it's well worth a watch.
https://www.eventhubs.com/news/2017...ck-sequences-sajams-basic-mechanics-tutorial/

Have you tried canceling into it from the move before instead of waiting for it to finish? I cold have a look at the mission after I finish story mode if you still haven't got it.

Not sure about the cancelling thing but will try again tomorrow. In my mind I have managed to pull this off but it hasn't executed. I've even heard him say the move as he slings the web but the web would simply just hit him and do nothing. I'm not sure if he needs to be stationary for it to work though as I think the times I did manage to pull the move off, his animations was pretty much finishing from my last hit. But it's like as soon as his animations stop, It's instantly time up and I have to restart from the top.

I constantly look at the demonstration but since I'm a typical noob, they make it looks too easy, so I don't actually learn anything.

Soldato
OP
Not sure about the cancelling thing but will try again tomorrow. In my mind I have managed to pull this off but it hasn't executed. I've even heard him say the move as he slings the web but the web would simply just hit him and do nothing. I'm not sure if he needs to be stationary for it to work though as I think the times I did manage to pull the move off, his animations was pretty much finishing from my last hit. But it's like as soon as his animations stop, It's instantly time up and I have to restart from the top.

I constantly look at the demonstration but since I'm a typical noob, they make it looks too easy, so I don't actually learn anything.

Yeah I just had a look at the mission for you and it is a cancel not a normal combo so there is no gap, the split second after you press the hard punch you press the light punch for the web throw and as these need to be pressed so close together there is no time to input the directions which means you start putting the directions in on the move before it.

It would be easier to start by practicing just the hard punch into web throw (if the web throw gets blocked your going to slow).

Last edited:

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
I am really enjoying it. Runs buttery smooth 4K maxed out on my 290 :)

Does anyone know if we will be getting anymore characters for free or are the rest all paid? Would be nice if there was something like fight money like in SFV to unlock paid content.

I have got everything I would want unlocked except for one stage using FM in SFV :D

Soldato
OP

Does anyone know if we will be getting anymore characters for free or are the rest all paid? Would be nice if there was something like fight money like in SFV to unlock paid content.

I have got everything I would want unlocked except for one stage using FM in SFV :D

I think the rest is all in the season pass.

I didn't like the fight money system in sf5, I liked the idea of it but in practice I just ended up spending all my fight money to unlock characters and a year later I still only had the 5 or so stages the game launched with.

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
I think the rest is all in the season pass.

I didn't like the fight money system in sf5, I liked the idea of it but in practice I just ended up spending all my fight money to unlock characters and a year later I still only had the 5 or so stages the game launched with.
Shame the rest is in the season pass. I would buy it, but they just want way too much for it. The season pass should not cost more than 50% of the price of the game. Not seen which heros are in the game, but if I am still enjoying it in a year or so's time and the season pass can be had for less than a tenner, I would then consider it.

There is plenty fight money on street fighter. You get like 5k every week by doing a mission that takes 5 minutes if that. Plus quite a few times I have logged in to find they gave 30k fight money for free. I actually find the fm brings me back to the game more and makes it more enjoyable. It is like the old days where you had to unlock characters by completing the game with certain heros or whatever.

Currently there is a challenge where you must win 10 ranked matches. I would never do that otherwise, but I enjoy the challenge/mission :)

Soldato
OP
I also find it hard to justify spending £25 on season pass when there is so many great games I can get for less money like gta5 which I haven't got round to playing yet or every game on origin access for a year.

I used to buy street fighter 4 costumes when you got a whole pack of costumes for a few quid. What are they now £40 per costume lol.

I might get the season pass at some point if it half price but right now I still got lots of characters to choose from and I'm actually happy with the roster, the characters from the old mvc3 feel new to me and I find my self playing characters like rocket that I would never of even touched in mvc3.

Soldato
Man, my hands get sweaty playing fighting games. Would an arcade stick help with that?

Also what's the difference between "Official Sony PlayStation Licensed 8-Button Arcade Stick (PS4 / PS3)" and "Venom Multi Format 8-Button Arcade Fight Stick (PS4 /Xbox One/PS3/Xbox 360/PC)". Both seem to show up when you search for Venom but both look different.

Lastly do any of these fight sticks ever go on sale or is that rare for these?

Is this http://www.graingergames.co.uk/index.aspx?pageid=0&topcategory=accessories&stockid=93774 the recommended one and is that a good price? Seems to be the cheapest I can find brand new.

Last edited:
Soldato

There isn't going to be any kind of fight money system for MvC, too many silly people moaned about the fm system for SFV focusing on the fact you only get 50FM for a win and you need 100,000 for a character. When in reality it's quite easy to earn fm. Just completing every characters 5 min story gave you enough for 1 character. With every new character released you can earn around 30k to 40k easily by completing their story and finishing easy and normal survival modes with them! Then there's the weekly missions etc.

Anyway after an email to CDkeys.com I was finally able to buy MvCi so I will be firing it up in about 20 mins

Associate

my day 1 iron man combo. 50% is not bad for a day one combo with no switch or super

this game plays a lot like mvc1. mostly about pressure and safe string into a switch to keep the momentum going. there isnt much comeback factor even with the infinite storm

execution wise its not too mash friendly probably similar to blazblue or gg xrd in terms of difficulty, easier than mvc2, cvs2 and alpha 3. i think this is a bit of a throw back game to most of the easy fighting games since sf4, that why most new fighting game players dont like it

Last edited:
Soldato
OP

my day 1 iron man combo. 50% is not bad for a day one combo with no switch or super

this game plays a lot like mvc1. mostly about pressure and safe string into a switch to keep the momentum going. there isnt much comeback factor even with the infinite storm

execution wise its not too mash friendly probably similar to blazblue or gg xrd in terms of difficulty, easier than mvc2, cvs2 and alpha 3. i think this is a bit of a throw back game to most of the easy fighting games since sf4, that why most new fighting game players dont like it

Wow nice one, I still can't even do basic combo stuff yet I'm struggling with the new button layout a bit. I still been winning online think I'm on 7 win streak just spamming reality and projectiles.

I did fight an iron man yesterday that was really good at combo's might have been you kept getting me in corner and picking me back up over and over then into photon cannon.

Man of Honour

You can do a lot more than that:

Numerous characters have solo touch of death combos too.

Last edited:
Soldato
Right... so what's the best fight stick I can get at the moment? I've heard the qanba Dragon is good but can't see any UK stockists of it. Mainly will be used for the PC.

Thanks

Back
Top Bottom