• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The RX Vega 64 Owners Thread

Associate
Only reason I ask about xfire and witcher 3 is that was the last straw that made me sell my old xfire setup. The frame pacing was wretched and all over the place. I used to love crossfire and am hoping it's worth it now.

Caporegime
Associate
Matt, any chance you could explain this:

BAJG3KpHFMNmnonC.jpg

I know it's mixed, but that still shouldn't be anywhere like this.

Caporegime
Tbf Matt it can have 1000fps but if it stutters and skips then it's all worthless :(

Poor frame pacing was the main reason I got rid of my 295x2 setup and made the green switch.

Yes i know, but often its nothing to do with poor frame pacing and there are other issues at play. If only it was just as simple as adjusting an algorithm to to try and distribute frames evenly to each GPU.

Multi GPU is always going to work with some, work poorly with others and not work at all in some cases where either the game engine flat out does not support it, or there are issues within the engine/code that prevent an optimal MGPU experience.

Matt, any chance you could explain this:

BAJG3KpHFMNmnonC.jpg

I know it's mixed, but that still shouldn't be anywhere like this.

Several of the games don't have a CrossFire profile and several of those game engines flat out don't support MGPU, Doom Vulkan, Deus EX DX12, Resident Evil 7 and COD:IW for example.

Deus EX DX11 we have a CrossFire profile, Doom OpenGL we don't as Vulkan is so much better.

Rainbow Six Siege does not have a profile.

Dawn of War 3 has a profile, gonna test that one if i can get a free key.

BF1 does scale well, but it runs poorly with stutter on DX11 and DX12. I disable CrossFire flat out in this title.

I don't have all of those games to test, but i get excellent scaling in Prey and decent scaling in F1 2016. That said, i don't know if we validate/support mixed CrossFire configs (Vega 64 with 56) so that could explain some of their strange results.

Dishonoured 2, Stryx 2, I've no idea about these games. Never played them and not sure if we even have profiles. If the game is limited CPU wise, we likely wouldn't even bother trying to shoe horn in a CrossFire profile with little to no scaling.

Do you have a link to this testing?

Last edited:
Soldato
Hey,

I'm just wondering what a safe overclock on the memory would be?

1050MHz is fine and stable so far.

Edit - Nope, just me being dumb and misreading the situation.

Last edited:
Soldato
Good card this VEGA 64, mine cost around a GTX 1070 but performs much much better, I'm positive this is faster than the 1080's I have used. Not as fast as the 1080 Ti mind, but we're talking a price difference of near £300.

Get a good deal on a 56 or 64 and you will be laughing xD

Glad AMD is back.

Soldato
Good card this VEGA 64, mine cost around a GTX 1070 but performs much much better, I'm positive this is faster than the 1080's I have used. Not as fast as the 1080 Ti mind, but we're talking a price difference of near £300.

Get a good deal on a 56 or 64 and you will be laughing xD

Glad AMD is back.
Thinking back my 56 cost about £100 less than I paid for a 7970 back in the day

Associate
@AMDMatt How are you finding the power requirements for Xfire? I dont have mine setup yet, but I'm thinking that I wont be able to go 50% powerlimit with xfire. I have EVGA Supernova 1000W Platinum.

I'm thinking, if I can keep it to 400W per card leaving 200W ish for CPU I should be ok?

Cheers,

Back
Top Bottom