Project Cars 2 is en route :D

Associate
Caterham 620R at Oulton park in VR, probably one of the most fun things I have done in gaming. Giggling while power sliding all over the place, think the AI were a bit bemused. Liking it so far, though as reported some cars are ace, some less so. Tried the McLaren 570S and felt a bit dull, also sound was very quiet, swapped to the Ford GT and that was great fun again at Laguna.

Nee to find time to try it all out, early days yet. Am dissapointed at the lack of Aerial Atom though.

Soldato
980ti and 1070 beating the FuryX, 1060 beating the 480 (apparently in 10 years from now, the 480 will come good).

No Vega. It's the same engine as the first game so Nvidia > AMD here, you'll realise this when you see the Nvidia logos show up as the game is loading :p

No problem here on Vega....seeing over 100fps with high msaa and everything else on high and ultra at 1440p. Not had a rain race yet so I guess that's where it'll take a big hit.

Associate
Glad I managed to get my hands on an i7 this week.

My track loading issue is fixed. New Ford GT on the 'ring in the rain is amazing especially in VR.
Hell yes, i7 is so good for gaming. 8 high IPC threads, overclocking to 4.8ghz+. The perfect gaming cpu, seeing as having more threads with lower IPC is not really beneficial atm.

I'm really tempted to pull the trigger on Oculus Rift, purely for sim racing. I would really have to try it first before I splash out. I think it could be utterly amazing, just need to go experience it somewhere before I buy. Any stores demoing Rift or Hive that you guys know off?

Associate
OCUK does afaik, you won't be dissapointed with the Rift, unless you suffer from motion sickness. Might setup my DK2 tomorrow and give it a blast.
Fair play to OcUK but it's too far for me to drive to test it. I was hoping maybe PC World or Currys would have Rift on display for the general public to try. Because if they do and if I walk in and fall in love, I'm buying one. I'm not a fan of using it for other games, really, but for racing sims it looks like the perfect piece of kit.

Associate
Gave it a quick blast on my monitor first, graphics are just superb with everything cranked up to the max. Haven't tried night races or wet weather yet. First thing I noticed was the reflection of the circuit rumblestrips on the A-pillars and roll cage. I tried the 911 Turbo road car around Silverstone but had pretty bad understeer. It was interesting to compare it to AC, i.e. same car, same track. The GT cars drove much better with the default setup, perhaps some of the road cars in PC2 have an understeery setup by default? I then tried the Rift, and wow just fantastic feeling of immersion, the leaderboard is hard to read but no complaints otherwise. Not sure I will spend the majority of time playing PC2 this way as the game looks considerably better on my ultrawide. The lack of TrackIR support is a little disappointing but otherwise this looks definitely a worthy follow up to PC1.

Soldato
Gave it a quick blast on my monitor first, graphics are just superb with everything cranked up to the max. Haven't tried night races or wet weather yet. First thing I noticed was the reflection of the circuit rumblestrips on the A-pillars and roll cage. I tried the 911 Turbo road car around Silverstone but had pretty bad understeer. It was interesting to compare it to AC, i.e. same car, same track. The GT cars drove much better with the default setup, perhaps some of the road cars in PC2 have an understeery setup by default? I then tried the Rift, and wow just fantastic feeling of immersion, the leaderboard is hard to read but no complaints otherwise. Not sure I will spend the majority of time playing PC2 this way as the game looks considerably better on my ultrawide. The lack of TrackIR support is a little disappointing but otherwise this looks definitely a worthy follow up to PC1.

Very true. Theres no doubt it looks so much better in 2D mode.

I've spent most of today switching between V2 and my Ultrawide. For overall gameplay VR is the way to go. However, if you want to really appreciate what this title has to offer in the looks dept. You really need to view it on a screen...... A big wide screen lol

Soldato
I'm really tempted to pull the trigger on Oculus Rift, purely for sim racing. I would really have to try it first before I splash out. I think it could be utterly amazing, just need to go experience it somewhere before I buy. Any stores demoing Rift or Hive that you guys know off?
There is a store in the Bullring in Birmingham (Virtual X), probably too far for you - you do have to pay but they have a racing rig setup. None of the big retail stores are doing demos any more. Sad really.

Not actually 8k though it's 4k*2. Good that you can use it with the Steam lighthouses for tracking though.

Associate
I've started the career in the formula rookie class and I'm loving it so far. It took me ages to get the first corner at knockhill right...I also hate snetterton lol

It's running great for me apart from the odd frame drop in VR

Deleted member 66701

D

Deleted member 66701

Running VERY well here on Threadripper - nice to see the cores being loaded up. Consistent 100+ fps @ 3440x1440 with everything on max (8xMSAA though, not super sampling).

Back
Top Bottom