Official Marvel Vs. Capcom: Infinite Thread

Soldato
Wow nice one, I still can't even do basic combo stuff yet I'm struggling with the new button layout a bit. I still been winning online think I'm on 7 win streak just spamming reality and projectiles.

I did fight an iron man yesterday that was really good at combo's might have been you kept getting me in corner and picking me back up over and over then into photon cannon.

that combo is easy, wesker, sentinel and nemesis have poisoned your execution and no it wasnt me, i havent played anyone other than my friend online yet.

You can do a lot more than that:

Numerous characters have solo touch of death combos too.

thats corner only and required extra resources, my combo requires nothing and no switching :p. i am sure i can found a 1 hit kill combo with iron man within a few days.

i need to practice a second character before i play real people. i am thinking of strider or a big body for damage.

Soldato
OP
that combo is easy, wesker, sentinel and nemesis have poisoned your execution and no it wasnt me, i havent played anyone other than my friend online yet.

thats corner only and required extra resources, my combo requires nothing and no switching :p. i am sure i can found a 1 hit kill combo with iron man within a few days.

i need to practice a second character before i play real people. i am thinking of strider or a big body for damage.

Yeah sentinal nememesis wesker was so easy, the assist had OTG so you could just do basic stuff and gets a kill.

I did have a little while in mission mode today to learn some combo's and right now my team is doctor strange upfront with Nemesis backing him up which works really well just need to learn some tag combo's it's a lot harder with out all the DHC.

Soldato
Right... so what's the best fight stick I can get at the moment? I've heard the qanba Dragon is good but can't see any UK stockists of it. Mainly will be used for the PC.

Thanks
Depends a lot on your budget. Razer Panthera is good but crazy priced. I'd be tempted to check on Gumtree.

I'd probably get a hori rap 4 for about £90

Man of Honour

There are loads of examples like that. 60-75% is a good ballpark to aim for with your combos.

Soldato
Depends a lot on your budget. Razer Panthera is good but crazy priced. I'd be tempted to check on Gumtree.

I'd probably get a hori rap 4 for about £90
No real budget to be honest mate, I'll take a look at the two you suggested, thanks mate.

Soldato
OP
Yep. I have put Sanwa into my Venom arcade stick and it's been great. Costs about 35 quid to mod. My Razer atrox already has them but the razer is actually crap for PC usage as it's an Xbox one stick and has compatibility issues.

My first stick was the madcatz £60 one which I upgraded to sanwa parts then about a year later I got the madcatz tournament edition which I have used ever since just replacing the buttons and stick every year or so, both are xbox 360 so always work. Even though they both have same parts I much prefer the tournament edition with it being bigger it sits nice on my lap.

I just had a look at the review on your atrox it looks really cool I was well impressed when it flipped open.

Soldato
I just had a look at the review on your atrox it looks really cool I was well impressed when it flipped open.

Yeah it's a great stick but because it's an Xbox One version 2 of the 8 buttons don't work except for supposedly on killer instinct. It's an absolute pain in the ass. It took so much faffing to get it working on my two PCs. My Venom stick was a lot cheaper and is plug and play. Never skipped a beat.

Very frustrating.

Soldato
Soldato
So Gamora is the pampers character of MvCi, thought so from what I'd seen.

Does she come with training wheels or was wearing a nappy big enough cost of entry? :D

Soldato
Anyone be interested in having Steam usernames added to OP?

I'm still horrible at the game but I'm up for any games. Username on Steam is Spacedeck, feel free to add me. I haven't played online yet but I should make a start sometime :o.

Soldato
OP
justin isnt entering marvel. i think fchamp will take this.

I think punk the alpha got this lol

Anyone be interested in having Steam usernames added to OP?

I'm still horrible at the game but I'm up for any games. Username on Steam is Spacedeck, feel free to add me. I haven't played online yet but I should make a start sometime :o.

I will add you now my tag is ginnnny, you might not enjoy playing against me though especially if your new as I do love spamming.

I can add names to first post if anyone else wants to.

Also by the way it's worth knowing that for marvel infinite online it's best to have your mic muted via steam as any mic signal seems to make the game lag from what people have been saying.

Netcode is amazing though probably the best I seen on fighting game

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
Sorry mate, for some strange reason, Internet cut out, so going to call it there. Good games though and definitely up for more another day.

You are pretty lethal with them tag teams and Dr Strange is a pain :p.

Yeah good games mate.

First time I used doctor strange in this game I was amazed at how good he was and have kept using him ever since.

Not sure if you know about it or not but in the 7 games we had you didn't once activate infinity storm and it's a really important part of the game and you can use it 2 or 3 times per match. You activate it by pressing the tag and the stone button at the same time when ever your meter in the bottom corner gets past half way and then if you press them again before it runs out it also does another special.

Soldato
Not sure if you know about it or not but in the 7 games we had you didn't once activate infinity storm and it's a really important part of the game and you can use it 2 or 3 times per match. You activate it by pressing the tag and the stone button at the same time when ever your meter in the bottom corner gets past half way and then if you press them again before it runs out it also does another special.

I know about them but not exactly to the degree of when you can and can't use them. Not sure why but I was under the impression that if you used stone button, it uses up your meter so wouldn't fill up for the infinity storm. I didn't think twice about activating it during them games though, probably too busy trying to figure out what attack to defend next but will definitely work on it.

I didn't realise about the special moves part though, thanks! Something I'll try to remember when I practice.

Soldato
OP
Not sure why but I was under the impression that if you used stone button, it uses up your meter so wouldn't fill up for the infinity storm.

Yeah you can actually spam the stone button as much as you like it doesn't use meter.

The infinity storm meter fills up as you take damage, by the time one of your characters has lost 3/4 of a health bar it's ready to go. Also when you activate the storm you are invincible for a split second so even if they right in your face you can mash out infinity storm safely.

Back
Top Bottom