German Election polls

Soldato
OP
Here comes the civil war.
It is interesting and alarming when you step back and think about it, I wonder what the response would be in the UK knowing circa 8 million people are to arrive on our shores in the space of 5 years, all because ONE person invited them.

Caporegime
https://www.ons.gov.uk/employmentan...k/earningsandworkinghours/timeseries/kab9/emp

But of course feel free to use the union data,I am sure they have no bias.
Those numbers are absolute, rather than adjusted for inflation, right?

Per that graph, weekly wages rose from £496 in July 2016 to £505 in July 2017. That's an increase of 1.8%.

The ONS records inflation in the year to August 2017 as 2.7%. So unless something magical happened to wages in August 2017, real incomes have fallen.

Caporegime
So their views mirror those of whole swathes of the world. I am anti-feminism. In case you missed the memo feminism isn't what you think it is anymore (just take a look on mumsnet).

The reality is the AfD and parties like them are gaining traction precisely because politicians are deliberately involved in the killing of their citizens. Accomplices if you will. Nations which behave as Merkel did are breaking the most fundamental principle of nation states: The safety, security and protection of its citizens and preservation of their rights.

We are already seeing laws being routinely flouted and this is the multiple levels of policing we are seeing.

Just because their views mirror a large number of people in the world doesnt mean they are acceptable in modern society. When you say you’re anti feminist do you really mean you think women should spend more time at home popping out kids rather than working and being independent beings? That seems to be their definition of anti feminism, not the quasi “feminism” sometimes seem today, hence why I wrote what I wrote rather than just “anti feminist”.

I have no idea what you’re talking about with the killings part.

What does appear to be the case however is the “far right” wing party has garnered more support, not where there are more immigrants, but in areas of the country (largely former East German states) that are the poorer regions of the country. Much like the US/Trump and the Brexit vote in the UK a lot of the populist vote is from those “left behind”. Should we be doing more to help them, perhaps - but that’s not something likely to happen with the far right ideologies, which seems more into blaming other groups for their problems to distract people from the fact things aren’t getting better.

Seems like the co leader of AfD has quit to become an independent because she doesn’t like the extremist half of the party. Bit of a ******* thing to do for the voters that voted but again it shows the issues in the party. Right wing parties that would otherwise be perfectly reasonable (even if you disagree with much of their policy) lurching to the right seems to be a bit of a trend unfortunately. Just because you’re anti EU, anti Euro and wary of immigration doesn’t make you far right, but it does seem to attract idiots that force parties into that area if they aren’t very careful.

Caporegime
Maybe if the left didn't invite half of Africa and the Middle East into Europe you wouldn't have a problem. Why would a far right Europe invade Britain? Why would there be a world war because of far right Politics? Who's going to fight who? America, China and Russia are pussy footing around with North Korea, you think they want to get into a fight with each other? Such rubbish.

Out of interest just what is your definition of “left” here? You complained about anything left of Lenin/Marx being considered right wing earlier but are now claiming the “left” did this.

That would be the “left” centre right Christian Democrats (Merkel) and the “left” right wing Conservative party in the UK right.

So presumably your definition of left is anything “left” of UKIP?:p

She let them in because guilt tripped her addled brain, her personal decision. Didn't see to cause her much of a political problem tho has it....

She let them in in part because there were hundreds of thousands in greece and South Eastern European countries that couldn’t cope with the influx, hoping she could get a deal to spread them out amongst the rest of the EU. No one else agreed though so Germany got “stuck” with them.

Soldato
Out of interest just what is your definition of “left” here? You complained about anything left of Lenin/Marx being considered right wing earlier but are now claiming the “left” did this.

That would be the “left” centre right Christian Democrats (Merkel) and the “left” right wing Conservative party in the UK right.

So presumably your definition of left is anything “left” of UKIP?:p

What are you talking about, genuinely, where did I post that? UKIP isn't even that far away from the Conservative party by way, you could've used the National Front or BNP as an example

Caporegime
What are you talking about, genuinely, where did I post that? UKIP isn't even that far away from the Conservative party by way, you could've used the National Front or BNP as an example

On the first page.

:confused: That is a huge stretch to compare them to the Nazi party. Ever think that maybe, just maybe the 2m migrants entering the German area and causing untold damage/crime/rape not to mention highly common terror attacks has a big part to play?

It seems to me people blaming the AfD for umpteen things are the same type of myopic hair brained type who cannot see the AfD are not the problem. The AfD never were a problem until the above happened.

I love the term far right now applied to everyone right of Lenin/Marx. It must be a weird world view indeed.

To be clear: If you oppose migration it doesn't make you far right. In the same way if you oppose/disagree with a certain 5 letter word does not make you far right.

UKIP are “right” of the Conservatives are they not? I wasn’t aiming to try and paint you as someone of the far right, hence not using groups like the BNP. I was in fact using your rather contradictory comments in jest against you - your claim that the far right is used for everything left of Lenin/Marx, while you seem to be using defining two right wing parties as part of the “left”. To me that suggests your idea of the “centre” is rather different to the mainstream definition.:p

TBH UKIP seems to be falling foul of the same issues AfD appear to have. They started out as a non far right party, but Seem to be moving further right as they age. That may be especially true depending on who wins the leadership race.

Caporegime
UKIP are “right” of the Conservatives are they not? I wasn’t aiming to try and paint you as someone of the far right, hence not using groups like the BNP. I was in fact using your rather contradictory comments in jest against you - your claim that the far right is used for everything left of Lenin/Marx, while you seem to be using defining two right wing parties as part of the “left”. To me that suggests your idea of the “centre” is rather different to the mainstream definition.:p

UKIP, despite limited parliamentary success, have been extremely successful in driving the direction of UK politics. UKIP and the Tories seem close because the Tory party has moved heavily onto UKIP ground.

TBH UKIP seems to be falling foul of the same issues AfD appear to have. They started out as a non far right party, but Seem to be moving further right as they age. That may be especially true depending on who wins the leadership race.

UKIP, having achieved their primary aim, can no longer persist as a diverse array of anti-EU interests with men like Carswell providing intellectual cover for their nasty side. They're a done dish and are now descending into the out and out reactionary xenophobia that always made up a significant part of their interests.

Caporegime
While that may be true I don’t think UKIP has ever been considered as a far right party, rather just a party quite a long way right on the political spectrum. There has always been a nasty side, but as you say they were kept in check. That may well change in the future.

Caporegime
While that may be true I don’t think UKIP has ever been considered as a far right party, rather just a party quite a long way right on the political spectrum. There has always been a nasty side, but as you say they were kept in check. That may well change in the future.

They've successfully portrayed themselves in that manner, yes.

Associate
A bunch of old white people see someone with a higher melanin count on TV and suddenly think the sky is falling.

They will most likely be wiped out at the next election.

Associate
A bunch of old white people see someone with a higher melanin count on TV and suddenly think the sky is falling.

They will most likely be wiped out at the next election.
Just like UKIP they are a single issue party. They will have their moment in the spotlight and disintegrate once their ineptitude is displayed for all to see

Back
Top Bottom