• iPhone 8 Plus 64Gb

Votes: 31 12.9%
  • iPhone 8 Plus 256Gb

Votes: 18 7.5%
  • No, I won't be buying it

Votes: 150 62.2%

• Total voters
Associate
Either they have massive stock or it's really not selling well.
Managed to get an in store pickup and upgraded from the 7 to 8 Plus (I was just going to go to 7 Plus but makes sense to get the 8 for £200 more).

Really liking having a plus model so far, makes my iPhone 6 work phone feel like a toy!
Was a little concerned at first as I have quite small hands, but I got used to it within about 10 minutes. Like the extra weight compared to the standard 7 also, makes it feel solid.

Soldato
Really liking having a plus model so far, makes my iPhone 6 work phone feel like a toy!
Was a little concerned at first as I have quite small hands, but I got used to it within about 10 minutes. Like the extra weight compared to the standard 7 also, makes it feel solid.

yes, can only echo this, EE sent me a plus by mistake (256gb) and i was thinking oh well wont open it and will send it back. However I am actually pleased they did, i dont think i would go back now although i have a iphone 5 for a contract i have and its like picking up a toy as is picking up my old iphone

Permabanned
yes, can only echo this, EE sent me a plus by mistake (256gb) and i was thinking oh well wont open it and will send it back. However I am actually pleased they did, i dont think i would go back now although i have a iphone 5 for a contract i have and its like picking up a toy as is picking up my old iphone

Let them know they sent you the wrong phone, nothing worse than bad karma my friend...:confused:

Your own quote "It's not what you are underneath. It's what you do that defines you"

Soldato
It's just a shame that in 2017 Apple are still making phones with whacking great bezels. The 8+ is nice but when you compare the screen size to the overall size of the phone it spoils the whole effect (well it does for me).

Soldato
Decided to buy an iPhone 8+ instead of the X in the end. Got a 256GB space grey model reserved for pick-up at the Regent Street store today.

The more I update our apps to work on the iPhone X, the more the iPhone X feels like a replacement for the 4.7" and not the 5.5" models. The extra screen real estate of the plus models is more important to me than the premium design and the better front-facing camera of the iPhone X.

If there's an iPhone XI+ next year, I'll definitely be tempted. Imagine how expensive that'll be though. :D

Soldato
But doesn't the X have a 5.8 inch screen compared to the 5.5 of the plus?

Only if you ignore the notch, rounded corners and home gesture area. The iPhone X’s screen is physically bigger but there’s big chunks of the screen where content can’t be displayed.

The rectangle screen on the iPhone 8+ is far more practical.

Soldato
Decided to buy an iPhone 8+ instead of the X in the end. Got a 256GB space grey model reserved for pick-up at the Regent Street store today.

The more I update our apps to work on the iPhone X, the more the iPhone X feels like a replacement for the 4.7" and not the 5.5" models. The extra screen real estate of the plus models is more important to me than the premium design and the better front-facing camera of the iPhone X.

If there's an iPhone XI+ next year, I'll definitely be tempted. Imagine how expensive that'll be though. :D

I'm thinking of the same. I'm a sucker for gadgets but the pre-order pain I can see with the X along with the fact I've been burned by first gen apple hardware before makes me think the 8 plus is the better choice this year.

Soldato
I had a 6 Plus before switching to an S8+ a few months ago. I like the phone but I am missing iOS more than I thought I would (especially with having a Mac too - iMessage was very useful to me). Wife also needs a new phone because her 6 Plus died and she's now using my dodgy old 6 Plus to keep her going. I am toying with the idea of going to pick up two new 8 Pluses. I really shouldn't but it's tempting...

Associate
Really happy with my 256GB SG 8 so far! Definitely a lot snappier than the 7.

Having a play in the store yesterday and I've come to the conclusion that I'm ok being a 4.7" iPhone person. As nice as the Plus is, I found to be a bit tedious to use when I had the 6 Plus a couple of years ago. The 4.7" is that sweet spot in terms of usability.

Soldato
The only reason I got the 6 Plus over the 6 was because of the bigger battery and so I figured the battery would last longer on it. I never kept up with the 6S vs 6S Plus, 7 vs 7 Plus and I have no idea if that argument still holds true with the 8 vs 8 Plus. Should really look at the specs.

Edit: Seems the 8 Plus battery does a lot better for talk time and audio playback but the other things like video playback and Internet use are only marginally better. Makes sense, since phone calls and audio don't involve the screen being on and the battery is obviously having to power a larger screen when watching videos etc.

Back
Top Bottom