HyperX Cloud II

HyperX Cloud II are a headset that delivers everything you'd want from your everyday headset.

It's comfortable, it's got great sound quality and it's cross-platform. Included in the box is even a spare set of leather replacements for the covers and a carry case for keeping it clean on your travels.

HyperX-Cloud-II-Gaming-Headset-Red-684147-Gal-4-Detail.jpg

In terms of features the Cloud II keeps it refreshingly simple, it's got a USB soundcard to process 7.1 virtual surround and it offers much needed quick access volume/microphone controls. As seen above the headset breaks down both its microphone, airline adapter and the USB sound card meaning you can just use it as a straight-up set of headphones for consoles/media devices whilst retaining a solid sound quality. (7.1 isn't available without the USB support)

The Cloud II is a solid headset and honestly shouldn't be underestimated.

Check it out yourself at https://www.overclockers.co.uk/hype...4-xbox-one-mac-mobile-gunmetal-sp-003-ks.html

HyperX-Cloud-II-inner-box-open.jpg

Associate
Can safely say if you play any kind of FPS where directional sound of footsteps/gunfire is important (e.g. CSGO or PUBG) then you will not find a better headset for the money. Bass is great for music too and the detachable mic/nice styling means you can wear them out and about as normal headhphones without looking like a total nerd unlike some ridiciculous headsets by other brangs.

Associate
Can safely say if you play any kind of FPS where directional sound of footsteps/gunfire is important (e.g. CSGO or PUBG) then you will not find a better headset for the money. Bass is great for music too and the detachable mic/nice styling means you can wear them out and about as normal headhphones without looking like a total nerd unlike some ridiciculous headsets by other brangs.
Can second that, although I'm using a set of siberias at the moment I have a spare set of these are they are really good.

Associate
The Cloud II's are excellent. They are very detailed and give you good bass oomph without overdoing it. I can't discern much of the directionality in the 7.1 simulation (I think different people react differently to it), but the 7.1 setting does widen the sound in a very pleasing way.

I used to have Senheiser HD650's (through a good headphone amp), and I prefer the Cloud II's in every way, even for working on music creation.

The little control box/DAC also provides a mic mute switch which is handy. And you can detach the cord from the box to connect the phones into any output you choose.

Soldato
I had to RMA a pair with Kingston because the right cup failed after owning them for almost 2 years, I had to pay to send them off to their RMA base in middlesex but once they received them I had the next pair the next day or day after, not many manufactures have such good service so thought I'd just leave this here. I will say though they have since doubled in price since I bought them + some more :(

Associate
Because the majority of them are sponsored by them...

Actually the ones who are sponsored by HyperX are often asked to wear the more expensive models like the Cloud Revolver. Pretty much any pro in a team not obligated to wear a specific make/model headset wears either the Cloud II or the Sennheiser G4ME Zero (and more so the Cloud II).

As an avid follower of the scene, teams and sponsorship I know what I'm talking about.

Associate
So they were roughly 60 quid.

becomes well known due to sponsorship on esports and goes up to 90?

ouch.

Are we just basically paying for the sponsorship then?
(When I say We I of course mean someone else, Im perfectly happy with my current headphones.)

Soldato
Lost a sale here OcUK! Just bought these last week for £25 less... If you was £5 more I'd of bought but OcUK don't warrant £25 more unfortunately, sorry!

This is much cheaper at literally every retailer I look at...

P.S. Fantastic headset though by the way! Very comfy, sound quality is brilliant and mic is much better than expected.

OcUK Staff
Lost a sale here OcUK! Just bought these last week for £25 less... If you was £5 more I'd of bought but OcUK don't warrant £25 more unfortunately, sorry!

This is much cheaper at literally every retailer I look at...

P.S. Fantastic headset though by the way! Very comfy, sound quality is brilliant and mic is much better than expected.

We were told by HyperX that they did not want to do any more up front price deals for OcUK customers. If we were to sell at that price OcUK would be losing money, as our cost from distribution is significantly more than that. Better that you get that deal somewhere else than us lose the money otherwise we would be out of business pretty quickly! Glad you found a bargain!

We have Steelseries Arctis headsets at the moment either the same as the lowest price or cheaper than the market so we do have some bargains for you to find :)

Soldato
We were told by HyperX that they did not want to do any more up front price deals for OcUK customers. If we were to sell at that price OcUK would be losing money, as our cost from distribution is significantly more than that. Better that you get that deal somewhere else than us lose the money otherwise we would be out of business pretty quickly! Glad you found a bargain!

We have Steelseries Arctis headsets at the moment either the same as the lowest price or cheaper than the market so we do have some bargains for you to find :)

Hi mate, clearly HyperX don't value their relationship with OcUK then? Why on earth are you dealing with them if that's the attitude!?

Bet they would soon offer you more competitive pricing if you was to drop them. ;)

Associate
Can confirm that this is an outstanding headset in the below £100 price mark. I am with others though, the price was around £65 3-4 months ago as I owned some!

Soldato
Hi mate, clearly HyperX don't value their relationship with OcUK then? Why on earth are you dealing with them if that's the attitude!?

Bet they would soon offer you more competitive pricing if you was to drop them. ;)

agreed - why would you stock something that is over priced compared to many other places? Your clearly not going to sell them at the current price as they are £15/£20 cheaper elsewhere. Don't understand the logic.

Back
Top Bottom