Post Your Daily Encounter Pics Here

Soldato
@Cleisthenes That sucks :( I know the TTs is nothing special in comparison to the above but I wash my own car. Wouldn't let them touch it
I was actually there getting my dad's RR cleaned :p It was filthy and needed a wash for a wedding!

If I was ever going to forgive someone for using these sorts of things it would be for big car's like RR's. I've clayed/polished/waxed a RR and they are bloody massive in comparison to a normal car. CBA is my usual answer when I'm asked if I want to clean it :D

Man of Honour
Is it really that much of a risk to the paintwork?

In terms of swirls, absolutely, scratches less so but it really depends on the car wash. Some are absolutely awful and will happily rub grit and stones into the paintwork after they've dropped a sponge on the floor. :eek:

Soldato
Especially if they use those dumb blade things to dry it, weapon of mass destruction.

Also the chemicals these places use tend to be quite harsh. They will remove any wax etc you have on.

Associate
Varys massively from place to place mind. There's a place I'd happily take my swirl free black s2000, but at the same time there is no way they'd be cleaning my Noble. Rather have it dirty for longer than use one of those places (it's pretty much a daily driver atm and I get back too late to wash it)

Imagine if you have the money for one of those you may not care too much for resale

Soldato
Maybe it's the owners?

Could well be a rental. We used to wash our ones with ultra high strength APC plus a big brush the garage owner would leave on the floor, then dry with a dirty plastic water blade and the same bucket of chamois that'd been used for countless cars that day. You just stop caring after a while - yeah, the cars get swirled and slightly scratched but none of the customers notice or care. There simply isn't the time to give them a proper, careful wash every day.

Back
Top Bottom